Poll: Your priority:
Poll Options
View poll results: Your priority:
Job
13 38%
Ethics
21 62%
Voters: 34.
sure...if you are able to afford downtime between income and you're in a position where you are a desirable job candidate

basically white privilege

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sounds like something Hitler would say.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Sounds like something Hitler would say.

Hitler chose his ethics; his followers chose their jobs.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Oct 29, 2015,
It's a gross simplification, and one that simply does not effectively cross over to the real world.

HOWEVER, I do not abide those who knowingly work for companies who do
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I realised I chose ethics over a job because I walked out of a gross sales interview and spent 6 months unemployed so I could do something that wasn't morally disgusting to me

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I realised I chose ethics over a job because I walked out of a gross sales interview and spent 6 months unemployed so I could do something that wasn't morally disgusting to me

I tried working sales honestly. Didn't hit qouta and got fired.
Quote by Xiaoxi
sure...if you are able to afford downtime between income and you're in a position where you are a desirable job candidate

basically white privilege

Yup. And besides, most entry-level jobs in a supervillain's evil organsation aren't evil in themselves.

I mean, sure, maybe a couple of times a week, the trash is a body or two, but most of the time, you're really just emptying bins and shit.
all jobs discriminate against my moral code gubernment pls give me money i will not stand for this discrimination
It's far too simplistic a statement. Making such a decision depends on too many external factors.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yup. And besides, most entry-level jobs in a supervillain's evil organsation aren't evil in themselves.

I mean, sure, maybe a couple of times a week, the trash is a body or two, but most of the time, you're really just emptying bins and shit.

Yeah, as an employer you have to take into account the emotional state of your employees. I for one make sure that no new recruits are exposed to more than two full dead bodies (or the equivalent in weight) in their first week.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, as an employer you have to take into account the emotional state of your employees. I for one make sure that no new recruits are exposed to more than two full dead bodies (or the equivalent in weight) in their first week.

You do have to be careful with that weight equivalence, though.

I mean, 2 corpseweights worth of fingers is a hell of a lot of fingers to ask someone to sweep up off the floor.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I mean, 2 corpseweights worth of fingers is a hell of a lot of fingers to ask someone to sweep up off the floor.

That's how Oscar Mayer got started
Quote by slapsymcdougal

True, but generally the smaller parts are liquefied and brought to the cafeteria. It's only incidental that anything smaller than say a foot ends up with the cleaning crew.
Quote by ultimate-slash
True, but generally the smaller parts are liquefied and brought to the cafeteria. It's only incidental that anything smaller than say a foot ends up with the cleaning crew.

That's the ideal, but it's also why so many evil startups never really get going.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's the ideal, but it's also why so many evil startups never really get going.

I see so many evil masterminds with these grand plans, but they always forget about the basic stuff. Take the death star for example... Sure, it's a gigantic weapon of doom capable of destroying planets. Good job, very impressive work, I'll give you that. But did they take into account the average height of the workers when installing the door frames? No! That's just a lawsuit waiting to happen, and how are you going to destroy planets if you have to set up a corrective action plan for the giant chasms of death the inspector also discovered when walking through your ship?
I put job in the poll even though I would go for ethics most of the time.
I have nothing important to say
company does morally disgusting thing? it's the employee's fault. they could just work somewhere else. it's the consumers fault, you don't have to buy their products. it's always up to the individual. companies are made up of individuals. they're basically people.
in an ideal world where i could have any job i wanted, ethics

but i don't have that many qualifications so i'll just take a job ty
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm too poor to afford ethics that get in the way of having a job. Fortunately, I have a job where my ethical sense pretty much jives with the rest of the organization.

That's nice.
Quote by ultimate-slash
I see so many evil masterminds with these grand plans, but they always forget about the basic stuff. Take the death star for example... Sure, it's a gigantic weapon of doom capable of destroying planets. Good job, very impressive work, I'll give you that. But did they take into account the average height of the workers when installing the door frames? No! That's just a lawsuit waiting to happen, and how are you going to destroy planets if you have to set up a corrective action plan for the giant chasms of death the inspector also discovered when walking through your ship?

Godamn liberalist evil masterminds, whyyy back in my day, yadda yadda yadda, door frames cost money, yadda yadda, guns, yadda yadda, git awf mah lawwwwn!
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't care about the image, but I completely agree with the statement on it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I had a job working for a farm owned by a Punjabe who would basically pay the way for some of his native people to come to America to work for him. They were indentured servents to be honest, good people, well the ones that were dirt poor. Thing is he was exploiting his own people who would bust their asses working only to go home to a tool shed with sheet rock put up. It wasn't a good job but at the time I needed the money, I still feel crappy knowing that the guy also has illegal Mexican imigrants truck in more illegal Mexican immigrants for the purpose of working in his fields.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
ethics are subjective

fk ur morals

steal from this chitty consumer society

fk everyone who is not you.

protect yourself
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank