i set up'd my guitar a few ago and put on some 0.09 strings and got the intonation right and everything, my friend says its normal with smaller strings but i dunno. the only thing worrying me is if it can he heard through an amp because i can't distinguish it on my own.
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
If it does not affects the sound from the amp, then in doesn't really matter (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Depending on your tuning some fret buzz can be normal. Some people can live with that while others can't. I would think that if it affects note clarity, tone, ability for a note to ring out, chording, and can be heard from the amp then its an issue.

Also, buzzing might be indicative of other issues as well. It would depend on what kind of buzz though. You might also have the strings too close to the frets and the frets might not be perfectly level. I know Carvin's claim to fame is there guitars are set up really close to the strings with no buzz at all, indicating a stellar fret job and set up.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
A properly made and set up guitar should not have any fret buzz.

But like was said if it is minimal, you like your action super low or it only occurs when you strum really hard/aggressive then you should be fine. If it messes with your sustain or notes ringing out then you have an issue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by BigYankBAll
If it does not affects the sound from the amp, then in doesn't really matter (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If it's buzzing you're losing sustain, but especially on light strings that's often considered an acceptable tradeoff for low action. Depends what kind of setup you're going for, and how much gain you have to make up for it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
^Like above. If you want to be a super clean guitarist then the buzz will get annoying, but if you crank le gain like yours truly then it probably won't show up through the sound coming through your speaker. Your high strings will definitely ring for less time but hey, if yain't playing more than one note a second on the high strings yain't doing it right. Lol jk guys pls don't hurt me.
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
^Like above. If you want to be a super clean guitarist then the buzz will get annoying, but if you crank le gain like yours truly then it probably won't show up through the sound coming through your speaker. Your high strings will definitely ring for less time but hey, if yain't playing more than one note a second on the high strings yain't doing it right. Lol jk guys pls don't hurt me.

A lot of times you don't even need to crank the gain to hide string buzz. A slight buzz when playing acoustically might go away when you run the guitar through an amp, even on the clean channel. If it's noticeable and it bothers you, raise the action a little. If not, don't worry about it. String buzz isn't going to affect sustain or anything else unless it's a really pronounced buzz. And at that point it would be so noticeable that you'd want to do something about it anyway.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Wood doesn’t stay straight and metal frets wear. Life is a lot easier if you just learn to accept a little buzz.
alright, thanks guys ill leave it as it is then because its not too noticable.
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
Quote by Mike Johnston
I have found 9's to buzz a little more than heavier gauge strings as well.

Certainly true, especially if you play heavily (like me, except when I say I play "heavily" I mean "sloppily"). 9s simply vibrate over a larger distance. But it's always a horses for courses ting, in terms of what strings you use, how low you put them etc.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by 57Goldtop
String buzz isn't going to affect sustain or anything else unless it's a really pronounced buzz.

It will affect it in some way as it's the string, no matter how lightly, touching the fret wire. It's more about whether it is that noticeable and/or acceptable to you as a player.
If it bothers you then just raise the action until it stops buzzing.Personally i don't like fret buzz but i play clean alot.If you're ok with it how it is then don't worry about it.