Well today i came home from school picked up my guitar like always and just didnt get that feeling... i am playing for 6 years now, and i got a feeling like i was on the same level as 3 years ago... (though i know that is not true) Did you ever feel like this ? I played some of my best stuff i know and it just didnt sound that great anymore. I dont know... it all sounded so easy and dull. My band broke a week ago, maybe that has something to do with this feeling ? Also could someone please tell me a great song, solo or something to learn (something that is hard or at least not easy that you guys play and feel great about your playing) if you understand what i mean haha... anyway i hope that this crappy feeling will pass overnight. Thanks !
i totally get you op

my guitar playing goes through phases

like i'll shred all summer long, but as soon as school starts i just lose interest and don't even look at my guitar for months

but sooner or later the "feeling" to write/practice comes back

find a new hobby? start producing electronic music?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I go through this all the time. I've been playing guitar for almost 15 years now, and I've probably had a total of one or two years of time (maybe more) where I felt like you do now.

The most important thing, imo, is DO NOT FEEL BAD! It is natural to go through periods of changing interest in your hobbies, but clearly guitar and music are important to you so at least you don't have to worry about losing interest forever, because that will never happen. Don't feel like you have to practice a certain amount every single day to be "successful."

Take a break from playing for a week or two. See how you feel. Then when you start practicing again, try working on different things than you ever have before. Trying to write your own music can be a great way to break out of a rut.
I felt like this many times. Sometimes I take few days brake or I just play some easy tracks that I like. It usually helps for moi.
Boston More than a feeling?
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Last time I played Sodom - Nuclear Winter But usually I play some old punk tracks from bands like Descendents or Ramones.
Happens all the time. You know what the best thing to do is? Diversify, play something you wouldn't normally play. Write something you wouldn't normally write. Gets you out off the rut. Then, once you're out, you can go back to playing those old things and you should feel better about yourself.