LOL at anyone who has ever donated money to the Susan G Komen breast cancer fund....

Page 1 of 2
Glad to see your hard earned money is going directly to their CEO's and maybe 1 or 2% actually going towards Breast Cancer research. I truly hope there is a special place in hell for their higher up's who make bank from gullible people who spend what little extra money they have thinking it will help find a cure for cancer. (srs)

oh and the cure for cancer has been found.

my health science teacher in hs way back when showed us this guy named Dr. Mercola

THE GOV WANTS YOU TO USE PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICINES. THEY DON'T WANT TO CURE YOU. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY. THEY DONT WANT THE PUBLIC TO UNDERSTAND NATURAL MEDICATION/TREATMENTS!

SRS READ UP

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/03/natural-cancer-treatment.aspx

edit:

how could i forget

ever heard of dr. burzynski in texas? they are also keeping him down !

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Oct 29, 2015,
I remember reading somewhere that to be labelled as a charity you have to only give something like 2% of your income to research. That said, SGK is probably the worst charity since they're all about awareness (like anyone doesn't know what breast cancer is at this point), so they don't donate almost ANYTHING to research, just marketing themselves and selling their stupid pink ribbon image so dummies can buy it and feel good about themselves.

The rest of your post is tinfoil hat bullshit, though.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Really? You're using Mercola, a scam that makes the Komen situation look like a minor player, as an alternative?

FFS!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by naedauuf
I remember reading somewhere that to be labelled as a charity you have to only give something like 2% of your income to research. That said, SGK is probably the worst charity since they're all about awareness (like anyone doesn't know what breast cancer is at this point), so they don't donate almost ANYTHING to research, just marketing themselves and selling their stupid pink ribbon image so dummies can buy it and feel good about themselves.

The rest of your post is tinfoil hat bullshit, though.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

hurp durp, big pharma, hurp durp, water in our chlorine, hurp durp, we're all lizards and the only real humans rule the gubbinment.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Mercola is pseudoscience. Any legitimate college professor or healthcare professional would not teach Mercola.

A personal trainer who got their cert in a month probably would though.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by k.lainad

Listen man, no one will take you serious anyways but the least you could do is use proper grammar. It makes you seem a tiny bit less crazy.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by k.lainad

I've got to believe that you're just messing with us because nobody is keeping either of these knotheads "down". They both have high-end websites and neither of them is living paycheck to paycheck. It appears that preying on the sick and desperate by giving them hope, even if it's false, is a pretty solid business model...

It should be, religion has been doing it for millennia.
Charles Darwin
OP, I'm sorry, but ever since you outed yourself as a "mtgow" yesterday I can't take anything you say seriously.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm sorry

It's weird seeing this string of words coming from you.
Quote by Zaphikh
It's weird seeing this string of words coming from you.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EpiExplorer
hurp durp, big pharma, hurp durp, water in our chlorine, hurp durp, we're all lizards and the only real humans rule the gubbinment.

Quote by chrismendiola
So is any of this post serious?

I've heard dodgy stuff about that charity, so there's some truth to what OP is saying, broken clocks and all that
It's nothing to LOL about that's for sure.

And the pink ribbons are a stolen scam.

They were originally handmade by a woman and they were all peach colored. When she refused to have anything to do with corporations they simply changed the color to pink and robbed her.

Her big complaint was not about cancer reasearch.
It was that less than 5% of money that went to cancer prevention research.
The rest went to cancer treatment research.

This was many years ago and today the amount of money given for cancer prevention research is much less than 5%
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 29, 2015,
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I really hate this "argument"

In the early 1900s, one in 20 people developed cancer
In the 1940s, one in 16 people developed cancer
In the 1970s, it was one in 10
Today, it's one in three!

In the early 1900s, life expectancy was much shorter than it was now, people simply didn't have time to develop cancer because they died in the trenches or from spanish fever. Longer life expectancy means a wider variety of diseases. If we live to be 150, we'll start seeing new diseases affecting only people in that age bracket. It's a GOOD thing

Also people back then were nowhere near as aware to what was going on as opposed to now. If someone got sick past fifty and died, they didn't do an autopsy, they didn't question themselves... they would say a prayer, say he died of old age and bury him.

Misleading statistics are misleading
Quote by flexiblemile

In the early 1900s, life expectancy was much shorter than it was now, people simply didn't have time to develop cancer because they died in the trenches or from spanish fever. Longer life expectancy means a wider variety of diseases. If we live to be 150, we'll start seeing new diseases affecting only people in that age bracket. It's a GOOD thing

Also people back then were nowhere near as aware to what was going on as opposed to now. If someone got sick past fifty and died, they didn't do an autopsy, they didn't question themselves... they would say a prayer, say he died of old age and bury him.

I agree that it's due to better diagnosis, but I'm not sure it's due to "living longer". I saw research a while back that appeared to show that while the "average" longevity has indeed increased, that's primarily due to a massively reduced infant mortality and a similar reduction in what was described as the "young man's disease", a mortality spike among males from about 16-24. (Probably due to testosterone and stupidity, but that's my speculation alone...)

Thoughts?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I agree that it's due to better diagnosis, but I'm not sure it's due to "living longer". I saw research a while back that appeared to show that while the "average" longevity has indeed increased, that's primarily due to a massively reduced infant mortality and a similar reduction in what was described as the "young man's disease", a mortality spike among males from about 16-24. (Probably due to testosterone and stupidity, but that's my speculation alone...)

Thoughts?

We're not contradicting each other. That 16-24 year old guy who died of whatever is still counted in the "only one in twenty people developed cancer" BS statistic.

Life expectancy is an average of all deaths and all deaths are tabulated in this kind of statistic. Take 15 million kids dying in the trenches, another 15 due to the spanish flu, another 20-40 in the russian famines and you'll really skew the proportion of people who are at risk of developping cancer.

Add an uncountable amount of people who never bothered to do an autopsy on their dead grandpappy and you'll realize that this kind of statistics is very misleading
Quote by flexiblemile
We're not contradicting each other. That 16-24 year old guy who died of whatever is still counted in the "only one in twenty people developed cancer" BS statistic.

Life expectancy is an average of all deaths and all deaths are tabulated in this kind of statistic. Take 15 million kids dying in the trenches, another 15 due to the spanish flu, another 20-40 in the russian famines and you'll really skew the proportion of people who are at risk of developping cancer.

Add an uncountable amount of people who never bothered to do an autopsy on their dead grandpappy and you'll realize that this kind of statistics is very misleading

I agree with all of that, I was actually commenting on your mention that people are living longer and that some of this may stem from that. I'm not convinced that people are actually living longer, just that more people are living to old age, if you understand what I'm saying?

As an example, if we all had a drop-dead age of 100, and almost everyone who made it through infancy and the 16-24 spike made it there, let's say that made our average 65 years. Then we come up with a way to greatly reduce those two mortality periods, and now our average in 85. But....we aren't living longer as individuals, there's just more of us doing it.

Shit...I can see it, but I don't feel that I'm explaining it well. Work with me...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I agree with all of that, I was actually commenting on your mention that people are living longer and that some of this may stem from that. I'm not convinced that people are actually living longer, just that more people are living to old age, if you understand what I'm saying?

As an example, if we all had a drop-dead age of 100, and almost everyone who made it through infancy and the 16-24 spike made it there, let's say that made our average 65 years. Then we come up with a way to greatly reduce those two mortality periods, and now our average in 85. But....we aren't living longer as individuals, there's just more of us doing it.

Shit...I can see it, but I don't feel that I'm explaining it well. Work with me...

No I understand what you're saying. basically that at any time in history, if you made it past puberty and you didn't die in a war, you were likely going to reach a similar old age as we do today (with a few plagues as notable exceptions). It's just that 200 years ago, only one in three made it past infancy so the average was really skewed. And I agree

EDIT: I'm pulling these numbers out of my butt, just to show an idea
Quote by flexiblemile
No I understand what you're saying. basically that at any time in history, if you made it past puberty and you didn't die in a war, you were likely going to reach a similar old age as we do today (with a few plagues as notable exceptions). It's just that 200 years ago, only one in three made it past infancy so the average was really skewed. And I agree

EDIT: I'm pulling these numbers out of my butt, just to show an idea

Thanks! I felt like an idiot not being able to express myself with the clarity I intended, a situation I don't generally find myself in.
Charles Darwin
It's fine. It's funny how often we confuse better reporting capabilities with signs of a growing problem.
The sad thing is, people really do believe Mercola is legitimate, or even better, that the profit he makes from selling magic pills don't go to him, and only cover his website costs. My father buys his products and tries to give them to me on a monthly basis. Snake oil, etc. Whatever I can say about him has already been said

But yeah, cancer societies are scams, but that's nothing new, but most large donation organizations are. Cancer is practically a business all it's own, but what can I say about it that's not, again, been said?

Are you a Mercola marketer or something? If you aren't I'm genuinely curious why you think his opinion is worth a grain of salt.
123 Repeater
Repeater
123 Repeater
Repeater
I'm fairly certain that there's been a cure for cancer for around a decade.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Quote by hurricane0202

yes sir

do your research

don't listen to the media and corporate thieves, like Obama.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by hurricane0202

Lol

Are you, now?
poor k.lainad

he been hacked by a nutcase

or is too doped up on pharmaceuticals
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by hurricane0202

Are you also a mtgow?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Pastafarian96
poor k.lainad

he been hacked by a nutcase

or is too doped up on pharmaceuticals

mr. lainad is locked up in my basement.

nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

you're next, pasta boy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by flexiblemile

Statistics are useless if you don't know how to interpret them. They work best when the amount of variables (outside of the purpose of your study) is the smallest; it also works best when you have a lot of years of research and analysis and lots and lots of studies (climate change awareness would have both of these).

However, just measuring a single variable (like "ratio of people getting cancer") and trying to conclude anything remotely accurate from it is just a shitty application of abductive reasoning.

For instance, I can say any of these too without a single piece of evidence and be as "accurate" as the conclusion from that argument:

"From the 1900s onwards, every single year more and more people started smoking cigarretes. Thus more people got lung cancer, thus a greater ratio of people overall got cancer."

"From the 1900s onwards, our atmosphere/ozone layer/etc got shittier and shittier, letting worse and worse UV lights from the sun through. Also our society had a culture shift where the focus was on getting out more and more and getting a tan at the beach. Not only that, but people gradually got less and less protective of their skin (wearing less sunscreen, going outside when the sun does the most harm, etc) because of said culture shift. Thus more people got skin cancer, thus a greater ratio of people overall got cancer."

"From the 1900s onwards, UFOs started visiting Earth more often each year. These UFOs started spraying toxic invisible undetectable cancerous gasses all over the world. Thus, more and more people started getting cancer, thus a greater ratio of people overall got cancer."

"From the 1900s onwards, cancer got sentient and got around all together and said "Yo, let's wreck some shit". They got organized, started training and became stronger than ever. Nobody was able to figure this out, which is why the cancers were able to get stronger every passing year. Thus, a greater ratio of people overall got cancer."

I think the UFOs and the sentient cancers are in league with each other!
Tbh maybe I just lack of knowledge of the subject, but the whole cancer cure existing conspiracy seems believable to me.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Tbh maybe I just lack of knowledge of the subject, but the whole cancer cure existing conspiracy seems believable to me.

I seriously doubt it. Cancer is incredibly complex and having many different variations that respond differently to treatments doesn't help either. Also consider that the researchers tend to go into the industry looking to help people, if it was the case that there was a cure you can damn well be sure that it would have been leaked at some point. That said, I think we are only a few years away from curing the first wave of cancers. Recent advancements are looking very promising.
Quote by Arby911

Thoughts?

I've gotta kind of disagree with that in a way.
But kind of in the same way that the more often you drive your car to town, the more likely you are to get in an accident at some point.
The longer you live, the more things, good and bad, you are exposed to.
Not totally disagreeing with you, just looking at in a "law of averages" sort of way.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 30, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Are you also a mtgow?

Its more fun to say 'imtehgow'.

Goddamn imtehgows.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
As someone who's worked in healthcare, I get rather irritated when non-medical folks think that cancer is one big conspiracy and make stupid fucking threads with links to bullshit homeopathic advocacy sites and parade their dumbass opinions around and when they get called on it they play it off as 'trolling.'

Fuck Burzynski and anyone else endorsed by Dr. Oz. That quack shithead needs his medical license revoked.

God damnit people are so fucking high and mighty about their wrong medical opinions.

Why did I let this thread piss me off?

Mother fucker.
Your health science teacher shouldn't bring his facebook group pop-politics to class, either. That's just unprofessional.
Page 1 of 2