Hows it been. I haven't posted on here in god knows how long. I fell into some hard times and kinda sold off all all of my music gear. Drifted away from music and well thankfully, I'm back.
I started jamming with some friends and wound up playing music at my church again and had a guy there give me his old guitar from when he was a younger man..,. Long story short here she is....

From what I can gather... it appears to be a 1970 Epiphone ET-270. Some minor difference that I see from the ones on the internet are the headstock and pick guard. Everyone I have seen online has more of an openbook style headstock while this one is strat style. and it also doesn't have the "E" in the middle of the pick guard. So if anyone has any pointers or knowledge to share please chime in.

As far as a review this thing is killer. When it was given to me I immediately took it and had the pots cleaned and a full set up done on it. Guitar plays like a dream, I've always been a big fan of strats and well this one plays almost identical to some of the strats I've owned.
The single coil pickups are noisy as all hell but, they give off this gritty tone that I kinda dig. Its pretty simple with a volume and tone knob that both respond pretty well. Also has a gibson style pick up selector. Then there's an odd little switch that is absent from my pictures as I broke it off at my last gig. I think its a boost switch, it definitely fattens up the sound when its in the on position.
The tremolo bar is meh at best. Too much movement on it and you'll be tuning the guitar again. But i suppose its not really made to be diving way down or anything like that. But I also can't figure out how to remove it so if anyone can help there that'd be cool as well.
My Gear:
2011 PRS SE Santana
2006 Agile Al-2000 goldtop
Ibanez GAX 30
Crate 15 watt
Woods Acoustic
12 String Takamine from the 70's
Sorry to hear about your downward spiral, but congrats for pulling out of it! Looks like your journey has connected you with a good crowd, and let you reconnect with your inner musician again.

Nice to hear stories of generosity, especially when they come with pretty pix!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?