Is of course the Devils interval yes but how do you play it so it sticks out like a big fat middle finger, like a nose that has been amputated from fungus infection. You can do it!

First off what is the Devils interval? It is the note located in between the fourth and the fifth. If you don't know what that means it means simply in the key of A it would be D sharp. E would be A sharp, etc.

Now,.. you can't simply finger the note and expected the sound as I described, no.

I would not recommend trying this on the high E string but it can be done if you got big strong fingers. Either the B or the G strings. Play a minor third note, that means like if you are in the key of A play a C note and then bend it way the Frick up there to a little past the Devils interval which would be a D sharp so it is a little off key, sharp just a few micro tones will do.

It works great with blues or slow sad jazzy song. Clapton does it all the time so did SRV and a host of others. It sounds extra spooky on a Stratocaster using the neck pickup on the G string you get those wolftones they usually sound horrid but in this case they add to the feeling. It sounds a little fatter too.

If you use heavier gauge strings you might have trouble doing it ,don't do it if you feel any pain. I can still do it with my 62-year-old arthritic fingers but I have to use 8000s gauge strings detuned one full note to do it painlessly. I could do it with 9s too but it feels painful and dangerous.

Very cool riff is to bend a 9th up to a third and then slide your finger while the note is bent up to that major third one fret so you get that evil Devils interval with kind of a ghost note after the major third.

If you want more cool little tricks I've got them if you want scales go to the fish market.
Last edited by yope at Oct 29, 2015,
Quote by yope at #33658624
if you want scales go to the fish market.

dat sass
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by yope
that evil Devils triad

so a diminished chord with no 7th?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
so a diminished chord with no 7th?

thank you for the correction, I edited it. Yes I meant interval not triad.

This kind of reminds me of a Facebook adventure I had recently. A stupid redneck someone even stupider than myself went off on a rant about Obama and Hillary Clinton and the war in Iran, yes he was full of useful information.

I wrote one word underneath his hate filled misinformed rant ,.Iraq

He didn't thank me for correcting him, he just edited. Iran to Iraq. Hey! That's poetic.

I ran to Iraq and back.
Where did Osama Bin Laden keep his CDs?

in Iraq*

*note that joke only works if you pronounce Iraq as i-rack, not i-rark or I-rark.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Where did Osama Bin Laden keep his CDs?

in Iraq*

*note that joke only works if you pronounce Iraq as i-rack, not i-rark or I-rark.

What if you pronounce it properly, like 'irrak'?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I played the devil's interval once and understood instantly why it was banned or something in ye olde days. It sounded terrible.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I played the devil's interval once and understood instantly why it was banned or something in ye olde days. It sounded terrible.

it's supposed to sound terrible but you have to play it just right. If you just play it it will sound like a wrong note. If you place it in the correct sequence with the right tone and touch etc. it turns circle and is the best note.

Feel like making love that's got it that's a good example.
Last edited by yope at Oct 31, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
thanx for the info

ron666

what a fucking legend.

i mean he's satan tho so of course he's a legend
I likes tos plays a note and a hammers ors pulls offs with the note one mores on de other string like b 5h6 e 7 or e 7p5 b 6
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What if you pronounce it properly, like 'irrak'?

What if you pronounce it extra properly, like العراق?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Then you are a foreign devil, and here, have a free orange jumpsuit and 'hoiday' in Cuba.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I have a few wicked chords.
You can play
1-5-m6-m9 with a minor3 (the9 can be major too)
Or
1-b5-7-m9 with a major 3 (play Bb E A B then resolve to like Am)
Or
D Gb Ab Bb in any inversion you can find on the guitar. Play it after Am for profit.

I also have a wicked scale
C Db Eb E F G A B
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Nov 1, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96

Why would you pronounce it with an extra "r" thrown in there?

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Geljell?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Nov 1, 2015,
Quote by theogonia777
Geljell?

Nah you're reading it backwards. It's llejleg.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by theogonia777
Why would you pronounce it with an extra "r" thrown in there?

Because some people don't America
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Because some people don't America

But some do Australiar?
Quote by Diemon Dave
You people are the worst. When words have R you don't pronounce it but then you casually throw an extra R into Irarq? You're monkey people, all of you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
nope, we just have different voices

And we speak english
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by theogonia777
You people are the worst. When words have R you don't pronounce it but then you casually throw an extra R into Irarq? You're monkey people, all of you.

They clearly have the wrong idear about pronunciation.
Quote by theogonia777

also we have to reallocate the unused letters, it's really quite elegant.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

no one says that

no one can possibly say Iraq like that
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33662683
no one says that

maybe if you have a big wad of chewing gum in your mouth
Quote by Pastafarian96
no one says that

If you pronounce the first letter in English and the rest of it in Arabic, that's what you get.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
If you pronounce the first letter in English and the rest of it in Arabic, that's what you get.

okay my ignorance is potentially showing through quite badly

nevertheless I find this interesting.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by theogonia777

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-pronounce-Iraq-in-Arabic

/ʔalʕɪˈrɑːq/

long open back unrounded vowel
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I don't understand why you people have such a hard time understanding how to use the letter R. It's not that hard.
Quote by theogonia777
I don't understand why you people have such a hard time understanding how to use the letter R. It's not that hard.

I equally don't understand how you have to use all of them in their simplest applications, all the best words in the English language are not pronounced as written.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297