literally just sprinkles

for bread

also slightly flavoured sugar

for bread

how has the rest of the world not picked up on this in 2015 what are you guys cavemen i bet you don't even have a cheese slicer in your house or right of way when you ride your bike you fuckers are probably above sea level or some shit

smh

basically i'm nostalgic about visiting my grandma way back when
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
god bless the netherlands for putting black stuff on white stuff since at least the 1800's

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
hi franc
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Baby Joel
god bless the netherlands for putting black stuff on white stuff since at least the 1800's

the whole zwarte piet tradition is my least favourite thing about the netherlands (except maybe pim fortuyn but different issue) why did you have to bring that in the one time i wasn't already bitching about it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

i like stroopwafels tho
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I just had hagelslag. It is delicious. You need to use butter though, otherwise everything will fall off.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Baby Joel

mfw, I find out this is a thing
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
It's funny how everyone sees our black pete tradition as something completely racist now, while it has never even been an issue for the last few centuries. Especially concidering the fact that racism against black people is at the moment by far not the biggest issue in our society, as muslims are now the minority-to-blame-everything-on, I don't really understand where the sudden hate comes from. That said, if people in our society (a.k.a. the opinions of people outside the Netherlands are irrelevant) genuinely take offense, then it's something we should concider changing.

As for the sweet stuff, there is simply no other country that can compete with us simply because stroopwafels.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I had some of my relatives stay recently, so my cupboard is stocked with De Ruijter products.

This makes me forgive all the things you have done to me.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ever use Duo Penotti instead of butter? The mouthgasm when combined with vlokfeest was insane.

Hagelslag and vlokfeest also work well in combination with peanut butter

Or Duo Penotti in combination with some kind of jam/jelly

Or peanut butter with Duo Penotti

Or peanut butter with Duo Penotti AND jam/jelly
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ever use Duo Penotti instead of butter? The mouthgasm when combined with vlokfeest was insane.

You must have some strange fetishes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
The mice of the Ruijter fell to the bourgeoisie been very good taste. Especially when some older ladies, who candied anise seeds found what hard for their teeth, De Ruijter on the idea brought to the mice fine in the mortar. Thus arose the mashed mice. Today mashed mice are still made ​​by the pink, blue and white mice to pound fine.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
It's funny how trying to Google Translate something from Dutch to English still leaves you with something that is only comprehensible for people that speak Dutch.

Quote by the bartender
It's funny how trying to Google Translate something from Dutch to English still leaves you with something that is only comprehensible for people that speak Dutch.

I mean Dutch is basically already pretty much English so I'm not really sure how that manages to happen.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by Hydra150
The mice of the Ruijter fell to the bourgeoisie been very good taste. Especially when some older ladies, who candied anise seeds found what hard for their teeth, De Ruijter on the idea brought to the mice fine in the mortar. Thus arose the mashed mice. Today mashed mice are still made ​​by the pink, blue and white mice to pound fine.

I literally can not comprehend how you could get something that awful out of a Dutch to English translation. If you literally translate those words you get something that does not make sense.

Edit: actually that second sentence does make sense xp.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Oct 30, 2015,
The thing to keep in mind is that Google Translate (among other engines) doesn't necessarily translate every word literally, but rather based on statistical usage of sentences and parts of sentences it finds in its massive databases. Which in some cases can produce some pretty good translations, but in other cases (like this one) it just craps out a warm, brown lump of grammatical waste with some larger bits of linguistic corn poking out.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I mean Dutch is basically already pretty much English so I'm not really sure how that manages to happen.

There are big differences in sentence structure though, and a lot of words that seem similar have actually developed different meanings over time. I think that would be the main reasons why Google Translate messes it up so much.

Do people in the Netherlands have teeth? I mean, looking at that stuff it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Quote by sasquatchjosh96 at #33659916
Do people in the Netherlands have teeth? I mean, looking at that stuff it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Nah, the state provides free dentures to all its citizens just to keep the sandwich topping business booming.
Quote by sasquatchjosh96

As a British person you should never try to make fun of the teeth of another countries' inhabitants.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Do the dutch come up with their food names by trying to text normal words while trashed or something?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Do the dutch come up with their food names by trying to text normal words while trashed or something?

Not at all. There are all very logical. Especially stamped mouses.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ultimate-slash
but in other cases (like this one) it just craps out a warm, brown lump of grammatical waste with some larger bits of linguistic corn poking out.

This is, oddly enough, one of the funniest sentences you've ever posted!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by MeTallIcA313

hagelslag=hail
vlokken=flakes
gestampte muisjes=crushed (literally stamped-on) mice

these are muisjes because apparently they look like mice

then they are crushed

thus they are improved
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
kwaliteitaardappel

Gozd in gora poj,