Page 1 of 2
it's cool and all but who gives a single fuk srs. we got more pressing matters to waste time and money on.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Dregen
derp

are u brahs derp

gettin to mars is actually humanity's top hope of survival

but yes
brb too busy dl'ing parn and playing videogames here...aint got time for that
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
are u brahs derp

gettin to mars is actually humanity's top hope of survival

but yes
brb too busy dl'ing parn and playing videogames here...aint got time for that

no u brahs derp
There's maybe five people who make shit threads on a daily basis now.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Technologies developed for space travel eventually trickle down and are incorporated into our every day life. It's an innovative industry pushing the limits of applied science and engineering.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Space exploration seems a lot less pointless than most bullshit humans do, so I don't see any reason not to do it on those grounds alone. Hell, we might even figure out how to colonize other planets and stuff, so instead of having to solve our problems on earth we can just walk away from them instead.

In any case, space exploration is cool as fuck and we might learn a thing or two, so I approve of it
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Not really bothered about the benefits, it just blows my mind that we can fire a projectile from our puny little planet and know that in ten years it's going to intercept a comet millions of miles away, orbit it, and then land on it.

If you don't think that's incredible, check your pulse.
Space research is cheap comparatively, and a great deal of things you use today probably stem from technology developed from the space industry. Also consider that if humans are to thrive millions of years into the future we will eventually have to leave the planet and eventually the galaxy. The more we know the better it will be. There is no reason not to study it.
Quote by k.lainad
it's cool and all but who gives a single fuk srs. we got more pressing matters to waste time and money on.

i figure if we go colonise some shit and mine some asteroids and combine that with a more sustainable attitude compared what has been employed in the past when we went off to exploit new lands, things will turn out great.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by k.lainad at #33659211

Let's see how fast your opinion will change once acid rain starts to fall sweeping death across the land, and the poison rivers flow to a helpless dying sea

We're living on a doomed planet
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Space exploration would be useful if we could launch people I disapprove of into space, with just enough supplies for them to come to grips with their inevitable lonely death before their inevitable lonely death.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Technologies developed for space travel eventually trickle down and are incorporated into our every day life. It's an innovative industry pushing the limits of applied science and engineering.

Why are you not banned anymore?
this
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Space exploration would be useful if we could launch people I disapprove of into space, with just enough supplies for them to come to grips with their inevitable lonely death before their inevitable lonely death.

Alternatively, you could send them to a place like Australia to accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

The MOST important post in this thread.

NASA has a web page listing all the stuff (by year or by mission, or both maybe) that they have developed as a result of their endeavors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html
Have a good long look around that one there.

For a more in depth look/search try here:
http://spinoff.nasa.gov/spinoff/database/

Quote by slapsymcdougal
There are a few people that I would like to give them a space suit, and enough oxygen and other supplies to last for a month.
Then put them on the moon.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 30, 2015,
Quote by CodeMonk
The MOST important post in this thread.

NASA has a web page listing all the stuff (by year or by mission, or both maybe) that they have developed as a result of their endeavors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/tech_benefits.html
Have a good long look around that one there.

For a more in depth look/search try here:
http://spinoff.nasa.gov/spinoff/database/

There are a few people that I would like to give them a space suit, and enough oxygen and other supplies to last for a month.
Then put them on the moon.
The moon would be kinda cool, though, because you can do stuff like jump really high. Which is why I'd just have them shoved out of a rocket or something, with a gas canister to keep them going away into the void, where they can't really do anything except spin pointlessly until death claims them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ultimate-slash
Hell, we might even figure out how to colonize other planets and stuff, so instead of having to solve our problems on earth we can just walk away from them instead.

I mean the point at which barren distant planets are preferable to Earth is a point at which we seriously fucked up but anyway space is cool anyone can fight me over that
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
nah space is cool
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I mean the point at which barren distant planets are preferable to Earth is a point at which we seriously fucked up but anyway space is cool anyone can fight me over that

Yeah, but I'd reckon by the time we are capable of colonizing other planets, we'd also capable of turning them into nice places to live.

It's all getting a bit dull.

Lumps of rock, ice, dust floating around.

Wake me up when something interesting is discovered.
Quote by ElMaco
Let's see how fast your opinion will change once acid rain starts to fall sweeping death across the land, and the poison rivers flow to a helpless dying sea

We're living on a doomed planet

Doomed by us. Your argument is that we need new places to doom.

In any case, life on Earth will outlast the human race.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Space exploration seems a lot less pointless than most bullshit humans do, so I don't see any reason not to do it on those grounds alone. Hell, we might even figure out how to colonize other planets and stuff, so instead of having to solve our problems on earth we can just walk away from them instead.

In any case, space exploration is cool as fuck and we might learn a thing or two, so I approve of it

This guy gets it.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by Jehannum
Doomed by us. Your argument is that we need new places to doom.

In any case, life on Earth will outlast the human race.

Yes, and the long term plan is for humans to outlast Earth.
It's cool as fuck. I agree that there are more important things we could be spending our time and resources on but there's also a whole bunch of really, really stupid shit we are spending our time and resources on.

Leave space exploration alone. ;_;

Quote by ultimate-slash

Yeah this. Though I'd rather we fix our problems here cuz the Earth is a qt.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Oct 30, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yeah this. Though I'd rather we fix our problems here cuz the Earth is a qt.

True, but I think part of our problems simply aren't solvable if there are too many people with contradicting views/interests. Having a large part of our population move to other planets might just give the remaining people the room to not even have most of those problems anymore. That, and there will be a vast increase in the availability of resources, which might just mean that there is less (political) interest in keeping conflicts alive.

I just wanna know for sure whether the moon is actually made of cheese or not, you get me?
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, but I'd reckon by the time we are capable of colonizing other planets, we'd also capable of turning them into nice places to live.

I figure if that happens we could probably manage the same with Earth, I mean there's got to be less work to do right?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by JackalUK
Yes, and the long term plan is for humans to outlast Earth.

Not going to happen.

And why should it?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes it is.

Lame I wanted to watch this masterpiece again but youtube freaked out when I tried to switch off the 3d (why would you watch Wallace & Gromit in 3d?) I guess I'll have to dig out my VHS...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by k.lainad

You're not a foreclosure attorney in Chicago, are you?
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 30, 2015,

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Page 1 of 2