I've decided to set up and host a tournament here. I'm sure you all have a lot of questions, so I wanted to make a thread and see how much interest there is and any concerns there are. The tournament itself is to choose, by majority vote of these boards, the best hard rock band of all time. Yes, this is all about heavy rock bands/groups/artists, not just albums or genres. It can be any band of any hard rock genre (metal, thrash metal, black/death metal, nu metal, etc). However, it's a fully democratic system so you guys don't have to worry, and I have compiled a rule list to follow as well. Pretty much all of these rules are thanks to BladeSymphony tournament, I just thought it would be fun to bring it over here.

I will be using a random made bracket. I'm going to do it for confirmation and keep myself updated, so there will be no one looking it over. The bracket itself won't be available for viewing, but I will of course list the titles of the Sweet Sixteen and Final Four and all that so you can figure out where we're at in relation to the tournament. Tournament days will be daily, with one match up a day. I hope to have this tournament last around one month max.

Preliminary Rules

Each user will name ten popular bands to be added to the tournament, at the end I will take the top 32 bands and add them to the list and make a random bracket, it will not be seeded. Instead we'll be using a fresh random bracket for this tournament. You have a 60 minute grace period after you nominate your bands, no changes are allowed after that, sochoose wisely, and do not troll vote.

1. There are two different ways you can vote
- 1 point: A simple vote, just the name of the band.
- 3 points: An extended vote, around 5 sentences long, on why you are voting for the band.

2. You are not allowed to vote for a band you have never heard of or listened, keep it to yourself if you plan to to do this or your vote will not count, as it may irritate other users.

3. No trolling. Any votes that are seemingly troll votes will simply not count for the match up.

4. Yelling at someone for a vote you think is completely wrong is definitely allowed, but don't take it too seriously. [face_mischief]

5. For each round, it will have a 36 hours grace period after you vote your rock bands.

Sounds good? Alright, name the popular hard rock/heavy metal bands you add if you are interested!

LET'S GO!!!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
Anybody?
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter