Poll: Do You Play Through Multiple Mustangs?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Play Through Multiple Mustangs?
Yes
1 11%
No
8 89%
Voters: 9.
I often play through both my v2 Mustangs (MIV & MIII) by feeding a split signal from the guitar. This works great for a much fuller sound and for interesting blends of Presets and FXs from the amps. With two 4btn fsws, this is really nice.

Now, rather than split feeding the guitar to each amp, I want to see how connecting the MIV's FX Loop Output to the MIII's FX Loop Input, adds to or detracts from the results.

I welcome all suggestions, comments, and input from other Mustang owners.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Last edited by MusicLaw at Oct 30, 2015,
The MIV signal wouldn't hit the MIII's preamp in that way. The MIII would mostly just amplify what the MIV does. Try it and see. I would think that a higher-up unit would sound better then a lower, but they are probably the same sounds just different wattages.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 30, 2015,
Or you could simply sell both of them and buy a good amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by MusicLaw
Now, rather than split feeding the guitar to each amp, I want to see how connecting the MIV's FX Loop Output to the MIII's FX Loop Input, adds to or detracts from the results.

I've tried running out from an effects loop-out on one of my amp, (the loop is one of those bizarre stereo jacks that take a y-cable, so maybe that's why), but it drained the over-all volume of the master amp. Try the pre-amp out if it has one.
I tried several configurations. The best and most versatile is what I had been running. Guitar to A/B/Y Box feeding both Amps. Each w/ a 4btn fsw, one w/ an EXP-1. Might add another EXP-1 for the other Amp. Master Vol on each Amp set to the same approx SPL and all Customized Presets are approximately level balanced. Any Presets may be used on either Amp as desired.

Alternatively, patching one Amp's FX Send to the other Amp's FX Return works great, and w/o any gain loss or drop in Vol of the primary (source) Amp! Master Volume of Primary Amp does not affect FX Send line level. In this configuration the second Amp acts as a powered spkr cabinet with its own Master Volume. Once its Master Vol is set to the desired matching fill SPL of the Primary Amp, the second Amp slaves to the main amp.

Also tried patching the primary amp's FX Send to the secondary Amp's main instrument input. For example if no Y Box were avail. Although this works, the FX Send line level from the primary amp is much lower than the guitar's split signal feed. This necessitates that the second amp's Master Volume be set much higher regardless what the selected Preset's modeled amp's Gain and Vol parameters are.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps