Page 1 of 2
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

tbf he said he would legalize at the federal level and let the states do whatever.

also, not like you're sending tokedeau to the un general assembly on drugs in april.
I agree with him—I want to be able to get high every day when I’m not at home in Colorado. But we aren’t going to make it happen by electing a guy who doesn’t get along with many politicians either political party and thus cannot lead congress. Which means we have to keep pushing from the bottom and hope a marijuana-state politician moves up the ladder.
I should go #bern one rn but don't have anything at the mo. Someday soon Bernie, all for you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'll believe it when it happens.
For now it's just some typical politician garbage.
Fishing for the young people vote or some bullshit move
Quote by ehbacon
that would literally be the dumbest thing to do.

why

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
How much of what this guy says is bullshit? The whole "straight talkin' politician" with the 18–25-demo-leftist-politics target, who's gonna bring the hope back, that isn't honesty in and of itself. Suddenly shifting his views on marijuana legislation isn't gonna do what he wants it to do. Comes off as a feigned gesture, another attraction to the brand. It only works if this was like 2007 and nobody had heard of Obama. Then again if he uses what is currently popular in the left—social identity politics—he's gonna alienate a crapload of the male demographic, which is already his ticket cuz Hillary.

His strategy seems like it's faltering. He started off as a long-shot, forthright Brooklyn-ite, but now he's close.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
why

Because from a political standpoint that would have all the negatives and very little positives. Legalization would make much more sense economically and for safety of users too. I believe that people should be able to know what they are putting into their bodies and know that it is safe, don't you?
Quote by ehbacon
Because from a political standpoint that would have all the negatives and very little positives. Legalization would make much more sense economically and for safety of users too. I believe that people should be able to know what they are putting into their bodies and know that it is safe, don't you?

Decriminalization means that you are now free to grow your own weed without threat of a life-destroying record. If you can't figure out how to grow a literal weed probably shouldn't be smoking it in the first place
Quote by ehbacon
that would literally be the dumbest thing to do.

How? How would it be dumb to legalize something which is 100% harmless and which the USA blows billions a year to prosecute people for? Wrecking lives in the process?

The War on Drugs is a miserable failure in every possible regard.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
How much of what this guy says is bullshit? The whole "straight talkin' politician" with the 18–25-demo-leftist-politics target, who's gonna bring the hope back, that isn't honesty in and of itself. Suddenly shifting his views on marijuana legislation isn't gonna do what he wants it to do. Comes off as a feigned gesture, another attraction to the brand. It only works if this was like 2007 and nobody had heard of Obama. Then again if he uses what is currently popular in the left—social identity politics—he's gonna alienate a crapload of the male demographic, which is already his ticket cuz Hillary.

His strategy seems like it's faltering. He started off as a long-shot, forthright Brooklyn-ite, but now he's close.

I don't think there is much bullshit to Bernie. He's been agitating against the scumbags in Washington since he took office long ago. His policy statements are backed up by his voting history in the Senate.

I like Bernie and his ideas, but I feel that if he got elected nothing would get done. He's not unprincipled enough to deal with the Republicans (unlike Clinton or Obama) and I don't think he'd compromise with them.
I agree with Bernie. Tobacco is legal, yet it's even worse than pot technically, so yeah
If they legalize it, do larger corporations still have a right to enforce drug tests when hiring someone?

This confuses me whenever I fill out any kind of online resume or go to an interview, because every job that I've looked into has a pretty strict drug testing process. They do the inside of the cheek test instead of the pee test, since everyone and their mother has found a way to beat a pee test.

Yet so many people smoke pot.....
Last edited by bdof at Oct 31, 2015,
Quote by bdof
If they legalize it, do larger corporations still have a right to enforce drug tests when hiring someone?

This confuses me whenever I fill out any kind of online resume or go to an interview, because every job that I've looked into has a pretty strict drug testing process. They do the inside of the cheek test instead of the pee test, since everyone and their mother has found a way to beat a pee test.

Yet so many people smoke pot.....

I know that if you're employed at will you can be fired for being hungover at work so I bet in those kinds of positions this would be an issue too.
cat
Well I don't drink anymore, nor am I 15 and have the desire to smoke pot. So these things will never be an issue for me
Yeah neither do I (I still drink occasionally though but it's not something I'm super into, more of a situational thing) so I don't care about this particular issue as much as others.
cat
Quote by bdof
Well I don't drink anymore, nor am I 15 and have the desire to smoke pot. So these things will never be an issue for me

your parents must be so proud

*sniffles from proud tears*
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by TobusRex
How? How would it be dumb to legalize something which is 100% harmless and which the USA blows billions a year to prosecute people for? Wrecking lives in the process?

The War on Drugs is a miserable failure in every possible regard.

Legalize=/= decriminalize
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Decriminalization means that you are now free to grow your own weed without threat of a life-destroying record. If you can't figure out how to grow a literal weed probably shouldn't be smoking it in the first place

Well that's like saying if you can't figure out how to grow tobacco or make alcohol you shouldn't be able to have those either. I think a better system would be to be able to go to a professional place where you know what you are getting. This would also indirectly take out the illegal weed industry because a very minimal amount of people would rather go to a shady guy on a street corner to get a less safe product that you could get at a walgreens or wherever they would want to sell it; thus maximizing profit and the safety of the drug.

Off topic about smoking tobacco: I'm in favor of a plan where every year we increase the smoking age by one year, so everyone who's able to smoke now can for the rest of their lives but anyone who is not able to smoke won't be. I get that they'd probably be able to get cigarettes somehow but once the industry completely falls, I highly doubt anyone would want to grow their own tobacco because it really doesn't give a high or anything.
Why do you assume Walgreens would sell you a safer form of marijuana?
They certainly don't sell a safer form of tobacco.

If you grow your own tobacco or get it from this "guy on the street" it's not going to have rat piss and ammonia in it like the tobacco that Walgreens sells.
His opinion makes sense. It's pointless having a national ban on marijuana if you think it should be a decision for individual states.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by bdof

They do. They're also allowed to fire you. I don't know about medicinal marijuana though. Seems like it should be illegal to fire someone if they have a doctor's note.

Quote by TobusRex
I don't think there is much bullshit to Bernie. He's been agitating against the scumbags in Washington since he took office long ago. His policy statements are backed up by his voting history in the Senate.

I like Bernie and his ideas, but I feel that if he got elected nothing would get done. He's not unprincipled enough to deal with the Republicans (unlike Clinton or Obama) and I don't think he'd compromise with them.

Probably why Hillary's pushing the "progressive that gets things done" angle.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
They do. They're also allowed to fire you. I don't know about medicinal marijuana though. Seems like it should be illegal to fire someone if they have a doctor's note.

This makes sense. Also, what I mainly meant was even with it legalized, will it effect the hiring process? Like I was saying, everything I've applied for asks if you'd be willing to take a drug test immediately following the interview. Does that whole thing go away, or will major companies still be allowed the right to conduct drug tests and hire who they see fit to work for them?

Tell you what might be an entirely different type of war on drug. Legalize every drug eventually, but nearly every business, small or big, comes together and makes it impossible to be employed if it's revealed you do any drug that can be tested for. Either you can work or you can do drugs, but legally. It'd probably just make prescription drug use sky rocket though, and people would find new inventive ways to get high without drugs, but stay employed. Chris Rock said it best: People just wanna get high. They'll find a way to do it even if you ban everything
Last edited by bdof at Oct 31, 2015,
I openly tell my bosses about smokin da herb

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2