I had gotten recommendations on the best trem systems for newbs, and came across an s470dx Ibanez on ebay. Upon taking it to a tech to get it tuned since I know nothing about this, he tells me he's never seen anything like it. He worked on tuning it, and it was obvious he knew his craft. It was pointed out that there was no tuning wheel in the back, only a screw head for making adjustments. Upon taking it home, I checked the tuning and it was way off. Has anyone ever heard of such a tuning system? It said in the copy that it was indeed a ZR trem. Comments?
A pic would be very helpful here!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

I know, but haven't had much luck posting a pick. Maybe post it to deviant art and provide a link?
Quote by oneblackened

Well, I've tried posting a pic. gimpforum accepted it just fine. UG will not. HOWEVER, all I need to say is: THERE'S NO WHEEL ON THE BACK. Just a port for an allen wrench. Any ideas what this is?
Last edited by pointnplink at Nov 2, 2015,
Quote by pointnplink
Well, I've tried posting a pic. gimpforum accepted it just fine. UG will not. HOWEVER, all I need to say is: THERE'S NO WHEEL ON THE BACK. Just a port for an allen wrench. Any ideas what this is?

Host the pic(s) on imgur.com and post the link to the pic(s) here.
If you have no fine tuners on your Ibanez ZR Trem then my guess is you are missing parts.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 2, 2015,
Quote by Evilnine
If you have no fine tuners on your Ibanez ZR Trem then my guess is you are missing parts.

Judging by the plastic plate on the back, and also that I've seen these images on google, I think everything is there. I just know that a tech who both claimed to be and seemed to be very experienced did not get it into tune.
Take the back plate off to see what's going on behind it.

Its hard to tell what's going on because the image is such poor quality.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 2, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Take the back plate off to see what's going on behind it.

Its hard to tell what's going on because the image is such poor quality.

+1

I have no idea what's actually going on there.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Seems like nothing's wrong. If you do a google image search on that guitar, all of their back plates have what you described. They probably just used that before they came up with the wheel.