Poll: Which spelling?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which spelling?
Berenstain
2 22%
Berenstein
7 78%
Voters: 9.
Both names are pronounced the same, I don't remember how it was spelled as a kid. Love the ridiculous conspiracy theory though.
The one where people don't actually believe this is real.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by CaptainRon

Wait, Nelly got out of prison? (that's what we call him in the e-dimension)
It's called the Mandela Effect cos ignorant people thought he died in jail in the 80s.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Could've sworn it was spelt with an "e," but then again, I can be wrong. Also, wasn't it a known fact that "Luke, I am your father" was one of the most misquoted quotes (referencing what was said in the Mandela affect link)?
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
I can be wrong

But isn't it far more likely that you came over from a different universe at some point in the last few decades?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by homeless-john
The Mandela Effect bollocks was invented so that some pricks would always have an excuse if they were wrong in a pub argument.

There's some sense to it.

In Independence Day, lots of people think Will Smith puts a cigar in his mouth and says "Welcome to Urf" because it fits the emotional core of the scene. He doesn't actually do that at all. Same thing happens with the words Darth Vader uses to tell Luke's he's his father.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Well the "Luke, I am your father" thing was probably people changing it because everyone's like "omg, he was luke's father" shit. It's not a "Mandela Effect", it's just ignorance.

I still don't get how people hear that as anything but "earth"
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
same, the "th" is even more emphasised than the rest of it

where would he even get a cigar in that situation anyway, he's just crashed a fighter jet in the middle of the nevada desert

Quote by Trowzaa at #33661230
Well the "Luke, I am your father" thing was probably people changing it because everyone's like "omg, he was luke's father" shit. It's not a "Mandela Effect", it's just ignorance.

Yea with this I just assumed people mis-remembered the quote and it caught on since not everyone has seen the movies enough to quote them word from word.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Yea with this I just assumed people mis-remembered the quote and it caught on since not everyone has seen the movies enough to quote them word from word.

Wasn't it referenced like that in the Simpsons? That usually fucks with how people remember stuff.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3 at #33661271
Wasn't it referenced like that in the Simpsons? That usually fucks with how people remember stuff.

Could be that actually, first aired in 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOb_o06adA

just the whole concept of this is hilarious. people as unobservant children didn't notice how a name was spelled and so as they aged mentally assume/falsely recollect that it would be spelled with the most typical spelling. and the idea of being mistaken on something they thought they were "sure" of somehow necessitates a parallel universe with THE MOST ARBITRARY DIFFERENCE OF ALL TIME

like i know people probably don't believe this (jesus this probably just wishful thinking ppl are idiots) but this is one of the most pointless, arbitrary internet phenomena of all time

EDIT I will add tho that i remember when i actually noticed the spelling, i was in the library in my elementary school looking at the books and that caught my attention. so yeah, i guess it's pretty unusual and i could see how so many people falsely remembered but this all happened as a child still reading the books. and also i watched the pbs show and on the guide for tv the font was much more legible than the cursive font on the books.

but still. u remembered shit wrong. u were not as observant of a little kid as me. deal w it

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Oct 31, 2015,
huu

Quote by SaintsofNowhere at #33661322

but still. u remembered shit wrong. u were not as observant of a little kid as me. deal w it

you're just mad you're not from an alternate dimension
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils at #33661339
you're just mad you're not from an alternate dimension

He probably came from a dimension of salt.
Quote by Trowzaa
same, the "th" is even more emphasised than the rest of it

where would he even get a cigar in that situation anyway, he's just crashed a fighter jet in the middle of the nevada desert

He had it on him in a cigar tube. He says "now that's what I call a close encounter" with it in his mouth. People just jumbled up the details.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by K33nbl4d3
But isn't it far more likely that you came over from a different universe at some point in the last few decades?

In you the last few as the last two, then no.
Skip the username, call me Billy