Hi Guys!
I'm looking for a really doomy and sludgy guitar tone in the style of sleep, electric wizard, sons of otis etc.

My current rig consists of:
-Gibson Les Paul with the dirty fingers (stock in the guitar)
-Carvin X100b
-Orange 2x12
-Big Muff
-and I ordered a Minotaur Fuzz and Burn

Hope y'all can help me with my quest to ultimate doomage.

Cheers!
Eminence Swampthangs.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Honestly you should be fine with what you've got, but some information:

Jus Osborne used a Boss FZ-2 into a Sound City 120 for some of the older Electric Wizard stuff. Definitely on Dopethrone. Also they've used Hiwatts, Oranges, and Matamps, but the FZ-2/Sound City is the Dopethrone sound.

Matt Pike used a Matamp Green a lot, but also used Hiwatts (you can see one in the video for Dragonaut) as well with a Soldano preamp. These days he's playing SLOs with Sleep.

Laneys, Matamps, Hiwatts, and Oranges would all get you in the right direction. The ProCo Rat, Big Muff, and FZ-2 are the classic stoner metal fuzz options. The main thing you want is a very loose sound with a lot of low end. Fuzz with low definition as opposed to the tighter Mesa and Peavey sounds you hear in a lot of modern metal.

Additional gear picks:

http://noisecreep.com/epically-heavy-gear-choices-doom-stoner-sludge-metal/
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
A lot of doom tone just comes from Big Muffs and pedals based on it. If you want a crazy oscillating doom sound put a fuzz in front of a Big Muff—I’ve found this works for nailing Electric Wizard tones. You also have to play loud—if the speakers can’t get pumping you lose a lot of the square wave hissing and spitting sounds that make up the top end. This will work with just about any amp.

If you want a Matamp tone you have to get a Matamp emulation pedal. Monstro in Brazil sell one and it sounds amazing.

Don’t bother trying to get Matt Pike’s tones unless you want to spend a lot of money on power amp tubes and you have a soundproof room to put your cabinet in. Even for a doom guitarist he plays LOUD.

As for your low end, doom bands use a lot less low end than most people realize. The guitar tone often sounds like it has a huge low end because doom albums tend to mix the guitar, bass, floor tom, and kick drum together to create some ambiguity between them. Type O Negative albums feature some incredible mixes like this, and they even work in the keys so that you can’t tell which instrument is which. Electric Wizard are also good at this. People think Liz is holding up rhythm, but she’s often just doing atmospheric stuff and the bass player is stacking fuzz pedals into a cranked tube amp.
Thanks guys very helpful advice. I currently have the bass set to 9, mids and treble around 6 and the presence about 3. (Amp EQ) What do you think? I'm the only guitarist in the band and by far the youngest guy. It's a new experience because the other guitarist left the band and we sort of decided by accident to play sludge. I'm sorry if my questions are stupid in any way whatsoever.
Quote by maxxxkolo
Thanks guys very helpful advice. I currently have the bass set to 9, mids and treble around 6 and the presence about 3. (Amp EQ) What do you think? I'm the only guitarist in the band and by far the youngest guy. It's a new experience because the other guitarist left the band and we sort of decided by accident to play sludge. I'm sorry if my questions are stupid in any way whatsoever.

You may want to get a 4x12 or another 2x12 to help fill out your sonic palate
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate