As I play more, and my tastes develop, I start to have a very, very soft spot for Strats. To me, they're THE most expressive guitars. They sound great, look great, and usually aren't heavy. And I've always been open to all brands, domestic, outsourced, or Western/Japanese-made.
Last Wednesday, my ex-teacher took me to his favorite luthier's, and I immediately fell in love with the most stunning solid-colored guitar I've ever laid my eyes on. Crafted in my homeland, the red strat was then unassuming, aside from its attention-grabbing color. It then sported 3 single coils, a plain white pickguard, and nickel/silver medium frets. I spent the next week-and-a-half selling off gear to buy it, and had it modded in the shop while I did so. With slightly extra value added, I paid the full amount yesterday, and have just received THE best guitar I've ever played.

The specs, as I am told, are as follows:
Body: Superior alder
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Maple
Nut: Bone
Hardware: Gotoh
Electronics: Gotoh
Pickups: original hand-wound single coils

Now the parts I had the luthier modified:
Bridge pickup: DiMarzio AT-1
Bridge tone pot: Fender/CTS no-load pot
Stainless steel jumbo frets
Pearloid pickguard

The guitar sounds punchy, full, and resonant enough unplugged. Plugged into my usual rig and through my 50-watt Plexi clone, the guitar's natural sound is augmented further somewhat by the pickups. The single coils sweeten the tone, and its scatterwound wires translate its complexity through the amp. The bridge pickup is as one would expect: articulate, powerful, and dynamic, making the guitar capable of screaming and singing with just a change of touch.

I really cannot put this axe down.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Love seeing stuff from uncommon makers. Congrats!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Looks cool man, enjoy! and nice collection of strats and mesa's there
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I don't really like strats (in terms of looks), but damn, I'm really digging that colour! HNGD man
that looks exceptional
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Shredx
Looks cool man, enjoy! and nice collection of strats and mesa's there

Oh that pic's from the luthier ^_^

Quote by Dave_Mc
that looks exceptional

Yup. Very eye-catching.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Love it! Like you say, it's unassuming, a no-bullshit design, but it's just a bit more than "just a Strat".

HNGD, enjoy it!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I still can't put it down
Gear:
Quote by Archer250
I still can't put it down

Then how about a demo?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
That looks lovely, enjoy. Those frets look especially delicious
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Stainless Steel frets are truly nice, bends are so smooth.. congrats on the Strat style electric, what is the tone block? full thick steel block or brass block?
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Snazzy! I dig that color too. Only thing that is bugging me is the bridge pickup being cream such a small thing but I get bugged easily. Congrats, looks like awesome and sounds like a real player!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by psp742
Stainless Steel frets are truly nice, bends are so smooth.. congrats on the Strat style electric, what is the tone block? full thick steel block or brass block?

It's the Gotoh Zinc block with the special drilling.

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Will do in a few days after I get less busy ^_^

Quote by dementiacaptain
Snazzy! I dig that color too. Only thing that is bugging me is the bridge pickup being cream such a small thing but I get bugged easily. Congrats, looks like awesome and sounds like a real player!

It's not really cream. I bought it second hand, so I guess it used to be white and got exposed... I think I have seen off-white DiMarzios with black pole pieces in the past, though.
Gear:
Last edited by Archer250 at Nov 2, 2015,