Every year around tax time I buy a new amp so this year I'm looking at Mesa Boogie.
I really like the bassy tone you get out of the Dual Rectifier so maybe a mini rec or Mark V would work, but I've noticed some other offerings so please share your opinion if you have tried any. I've got nothing against 100 watt amps except for the weight.

mini rec
Mark 5 25
Recto verb 25
Express 5 25
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Quote by Marrowoflife
Every year around tax time I buy a new amp so this year I'm looking at Mesa Boogie.
I really like the bassy tone you get out of the Dual Rectifier so maybe a mini rec or Mark V would work, but I've noticed some other offerings so please share your opinion if you have tried any. I've got nothing against 100 watt amps except for the weight.

mini rec
Mark 5 25
Recto verb 25
Express 5 25

Id get the Mark V 25, I have a dual rec and I love it but I played my friends Mark V and I liked it even more, thinking of getting one myself.
The Recto verb is the same as the Mini Recto but a combo amp also it comes with reverb but the mini rectifier doesn't.
Same about the Express and Mark but the Mark has way more opinions. Out of them two the Mark is way better.

Each amp has its own voice. I personally perfer the recto and love my mini one. It's more Raw/open than the mark which is more smooth/compressed. Both are amazing Amps!
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
What do you have now?

I have the Mark V:25 and love it. I almost want a second one just to leave my perfect settings alone and have a second set of options to use all the tones in the thing.

That said... I might be adding a Rectoverb 25 this winter because I am a fan and there is room for it.

To me the Mesa sound IS the Mark series and the Mark V:25 would be the first suggestion.
I am a Mesa fanboy and think they all sound good but there are differences. The Recto leans more toward Hi gain Metal while the Mark leans more toward "singing sustain". Every Mesa has a voice and it is a pretty good voice. You can find used Mesa heads from the 90s that are just killer shred machines lingering in players closets.

My current gig amp is Mesa F-30 from 2005. It is a simpler amp with 2 channels and 3 gain stages. It does not attempt to emulate every amp ever built but it does pristine Fender clean tone and the gain stages are classic Mk 1 singing sustain. A good match for the music I play. The Express is probably the closest modern equivalent.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
The Recto leans more toward Hi gain Metal while the Mark leans more toward "singing sustain".

I'd argue that a bit. While the Mark does do the signing type stuff better it is very capable as a metal amp and as far as available gain I've never seen an instance where the Recto had it and the Mark didn't. They're certainly different sounds for different styles but there is a tremendous amount of overlap. The only fair thing to say is that a Recto can't do Mark stuff and a Mark can't do Recto stuff but both can do a lot of the same well.