Hugging
9 20%
Wave/other
21 48%
Voters: 44.
Page 1 of 2
where's the option for uncool handshake
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Varies for pretty much all my friends. My closest friends are my roommates so since I see them everyday I don't even greet them. Other friends mostly just normal handshakes.
Who?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
fist bump cos im cool af
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

on the incredibly rare instance it's usually an enthusiastic g'day or a hug for some people, mostly because they don't like life much like I don't.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
"yo" and a peace sign, occasionally a slightly exaggerated wave if i'm feeling affectionate
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Depends. Either something along the lines of 'wagwan' or a firm, honest handshake.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Firm handshake with "G'day mate" or something similar.

Also, 2005 called, they don't even want the fistbump back
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Depends on who it is and the situation and who goes for which greeting first. With my best friend that I've known since kindergarten we do this complicated handshake fist bumping fingersnapping thing that we came up with in like 5th grade, others I do the dap type up and down fistbump thing, sometimes it's the handgrab-pull-in-for-the-half-hug-and/or-backslap, sometimes that's preceded with the dap style fistbump, sometimes it's just a hug. The normal fistbump is the most common one that I use with most friends and handshakes are mostly for new acquaintances.
I usually give the greeting of the day, and refer to them by their title and last name. Physical contact is rare.
Hugs all of the time. Unless they're Arab, in which case it's two cheek kisses. Unless they're Lebanese, then it's three cheek kisses.

Also I've noticed that in all professional situations etiquette requires handshakes, except in film. If you've met them more than once, it's a hug. Better work environment really. Less work more team accomplishing a task. Even if you're not working together this is the case.
best friends - handshake/bro hug

decent Friends - hi five / "whazzup?"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Guy close friend, "Hi" or "fag" depending on the situation
Girl close friend, *hug* or "bitch" depending on the situation.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
no greeting whatsoever

sometimes I go on a tirade if I notice them getting too fat for their own good

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Nov 1, 2015,
Now that I think about it, I don't greet the people I feel closest to. We're just there for each other. It's always the people who I'm not close with that get the fist bump/handshake.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
"How's it gaun, ya bunch o' cunts?"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"Hey how's it going"

People did the whole excessive hugging thing at age like..16-18. Now I don't know who actually does it unless you're a teenager or in a vindictive celebrity clique

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
We greet each other as Mr. Garrison would greet a rich black man. This is the least offensive way I can put it.
Alright
or Hello

I know a few people who insist on handshakes but I don't see them that often
I have nothing important to say
Quote by The4thHorsemen
sometimes it's the handgrab-pull-in-for-the-half-hug-and/or-backslap

this thing will never not be awkward for me, because it's always one or two people that do it and everyone else is normal but then that one guy wants to do the handgrab thing and for like two seconds you're like and then you're like "oh right you're that guy
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by chrismendiola
It depends whom I'm greeting.

Men: "What's up, [term of affection]?" or something, usually followed by some sort of handshake gesture
Women: "Hi, [term of affection]" or something, and may be followed with a hug, or one armed hug and give/receive kiss on the cheek
Girlfriend: "Hi, [term of affection]" or something and almost always followed with a one armed hug and kiss on the lips

That's usually how it goes in general, but I always wait to see how the other person sets the terms of their comfort with affection.
Free Ali
Free Lard
The closer the friend, the worse the insult. Usually call my best friend "knob-chops", or some variant of this!!
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
Can't really remember what I do for a greeting, but I do fist bumps for saying goodbye.

EDIT: I would day that if you're really close friends you probably don't actually do much of a greeting. It's mutually understood that you're glad to see each other.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at Nov 1, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
no greeting whatsoever

sometimes I go on a tirade if I notice them getting too fat for their own good

do you like to play roulette?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Normal handshake (like no routine or anything)
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by K33nbl4d3 at #33661880
this thing will never not be awkward for me, because it's always one or two people that do it and everyone else is normal but then that one guy wants to do the handgrab thing and for like two seconds you're like and then you're like "oh right you're that guy

Yea, I usually don't initiate that one except with certain friends that I know like to do that. It doesn't bother me when other people do it. There's like a split-second slight awkwardness where I realize what they're doing and I just make a mental note for the next time I meet that person so I can do it first.
Page 1 of 2