In the below video @ 6:37 (and some other places) note how Fahey is pushing down on his index finger with his middle finger. What is that technique called? Why is he doing it? To make the pull off easier? Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKS_JCK6ok
Last edited by TobusRex at Nov 1, 2015,
Just looks like his own habit he's developed when playing barre chords. Everyone's a little different.
Thanks guys. So that is a barre chord huh? Never seen one like that, but I'm still learning.

I stand corrected on a previous comment.....that I've never seen Fahey do barre chords.
Well for one thing I'm fairly sure (though it's not my purview, really) that he's in some kind of open tuning, possibly open G, so a simple barre gets a lot of mileage. But yeah, he's just using the extra finger to get more leverage/downward force to make sure all the strings sound out clearly, because he's barring across 5 strings.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It is a Barre - but it allows him to keep the index finger relaxed for when he does the strum pull off.

His finger placement is superb and easy going.
What a beautiful piece! Yeah, it looks to me that he's just using his middle finger to add some extra pressure on his barre chord.
Guitarist/singer/songwriter/producer from Melbourne, Australia.

Check out my blog on everything music at www.lockyberesford.com
Quote by lockyberesford
What a beautiful piece! Yeah, it looks to me that he's just using his middle finger to add some extra pressure on his barre chord.

Yeah this^