Hi UG
Im looking to buy a new guitar, with the end goal of playing nevermore and such related music.
Im nowhere near good enough, but its the goal and therefore im looking to buy equipment that can at least be tuned the way its supposed to :P
This one is on a discount right now http://www.4sound.dk/guitar/elektrisk/hojrehands/epiphone-matt-heafy-les-paul-custom-7-demodeal-4sound-aarhus-453859
And ive been reading decent things about it. Any recommendations? Im looking for a decent, not too expensive one.
As far as amps go, is there any sort of cheap way to get good sound through earphones only?
Hope im making sense and thanks in advance!
^ I think he means nevermore the band, not the nirvana album

i'm not really familiar with them. loomis is a shredder and uses a superstrat-style guitar (7 string?) with a floyd and i'm guessing high gain amps, but obviously wait and listen to someone who knows for sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I THINK that Jeff is a Mesa Rec guy. In any case, if you just want something for headphones I'd grab a POD HD (a used desktop bean model would be fine). As far as a guitar, Jeff has his own signature model Schecter, I'd look for something in your budget that is similar (Schecter has lots of affordable models).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Pretty sure Jeff Loomis was using Engls back then. If the real amp is out of your budget Lepou and TSE both have amazing Engl based freeware VST models. As far as the guitar goes anything with a mahogany body loaded with EMGs should do it.
Quote by SHaun Steel
Pretty sure Jeff Loomis was using Engls back then. If the real amp is out of your budget Lepou and TSE both have amazing Engl based freeware VST models. As far as the guitar goes anything with a mahogany body loaded with EMGs should do it.

Engl, there it is. Did he ever use Mesa? I thought I saw that but I could be crazy...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.