Song 3
3 50%
Song 4
0 0%
Song 5
1 17%
Voters: 6.
I

One guy walks into a bar and says "I need two pigs".
The owner replies "How do you plan to carry them?".

jajajajakkkkkkhahahahuehuehue

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "I'll Go Away (WIP)" (yoman297)

2 - "Horizon" (FoOltz)

3 - "Towards Zero" (mind_meld)

4 - "Bleach + Ammonia" (xTURTLENECKx)

5 - "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" (Papersparrow)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song,
from whywefight, the song "Fuck You Foltz (Here's Your Fucking Sad Songs)"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Northernlion, a random youtube scumlord

r8R0wgO_gjk

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689678
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jun 30, 2016,
voted for da fooltz

btw I don't think I understand the joke in the op
Last edited by nico_9550 at Nov 2, 2015,
It's a game of thrones reference; there is a running theme where characters will tell a certain character that he 'knows nothing'

Ur welcome
Hey mind_meld, I liked your singing, particularly the thing you did between 0:17 and 0:20, and other similar things throughout the song.
Quote by chev311e
Mind meld doing that Sinead o Connor impersonation.

I don't actually know what she sounds like but I promise I have hair ok??
Quote by mind_meld
I don't actually know what she sounds like but I promise I have hair ok??

Well then you should listen to one of her songs. Or really just that one and only song that I know by her which led me to think you sound like her. Actually you sound similar to a lot of 90s female singers, I think I've said that before. But that's definitely not a bad thing.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
The poll is almost closed!

(I was meaning to do a review but... sorry )

Ill probably do one tonight after work anyway
My power extension cord started making a hissing sound when I was charging my phone and now there's a burning scent wafting through the air, I'm too busy googling if my house is gonna catch fire or not.

Ok, I'll do a review and post it later (unless I'm ded )
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 4, 2015,
I'll only say stuff I didn't like and give it to you straight, no sugar-coating. Don't h8 m8s I luv u.

Remember my musical taste seems to be different from yours and I'm no expert, so take it with a grain of salt.

- The chaotic instruments and slow vocals didn't blend well.
- The main melody from the guitar was too repetitive and not "hooky".
- No clear song structure, or too little variation. The middle section was too long and repetitive.
- Quiet vocals, but it's mostly a recording quality thing so
- The intro could be shorter and the vocals could have come in closer to the bit at 1:09. Minor thing but just sayin', it's almost repetitive for the time length it takes.
- Vocals were a bit out of tune at times.
- Long, repetitive solo/middle section/break/I don't know what to call it. Starting at 3:10.
- Needs more sections or more variation.
- I don't like that first bass note, how it goes with your voice. Maybe a higher pitch would be better (at least for that first note). Minor thing.
- The outro is too short, or the song could have some sort of bridge before the outro. I don't know. The final part is too short for me and that's all I have to say without my lawyer here.
- Interesting melody, but gets repetitive.
- Vocals are out of tune.
- Repetitive structure/lack of sections like chorus, etc...
- Repetitive guitar, the strumming is probably the biggest cause of this.
- Repetitive vocal melody, although the chorus is Probably it wouldn't be so repetitive if the repetitive parts were shorter.
- Static energy. Don't really know how to explain this one but I hope you get it.

Either there were lots of songs with problems regarding song structure, or only now have I started noticing those things.

After reading this, maybe some things apply to more than one person. It's too late and I need to fix my sleep cycle so I won't rewrite any of it.
#grumpyMini out
(I'm not grumpy though, it's just what I imagine you think of me right now for writing bad things about your songs)
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 4, 2015,
I like this idea

Also Vox were quiet because I'm a new singer. I don't know how to control my voice and dynamics change on the fly haha

It's actually pretty hard to write a song for this week. I keep trying to go for one sound and I want to realize there's no point in trying for that from week to week
never got a chance but w/e

1. I really dug this one a lot. I thought the lo-fi worked for it really well, more so than on death panels don't exist (which was still pretty hilariously awesome). Could use some more bass and the vocals could be less dry but the roughness is what made it for me really

2. everything about that beginning melody rules hard and the adaptations it goes through are great. the explosion of sound about three minutes in is awesome too, and the lyrics before it are fitting. I can tell you've been digging Limousine a lot lately between how this song builds up and how it mellows out at the end but yeah awesome song. Her Eyes Out is going to be amazing

3. Mini's wrong, that vocal melody is tight af. I feel like you worked on this one quite a bit and it shows, especially on the vocals. Really impressive for the most part, might have voted for this one too. Or maybe Foltz, idk. Hard to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbn7oxXh38

5. Nice song, nice lyrics, nice vocals

Quote by Minicaxotinho at #33667302
Remember my musical taste seems to be different from yours

Just noticed this. Not true man, I'd say there is no obvious music taste of this group that we all have in common. I might have something in common musically with everyone in the group but that doesn't mean any of us have the same kind of music taste.
Last edited by whywefight at Nov 5, 2015,
I wasn't talking about the vocal melody, it was about the bass :S

And by "my music taste is different from yours" I meant I don't like acoustic/quiet stuff (even though that's what I end up writing most of the time)

Also, nobody will read this
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Nov 5, 2015,