I'd like to know if anyone here on UG has experience with dual truss rod's ?

i'm thinking about getting a rickenbacker 4003s this week, and i read on the forums that they have a dual truss rod system, wich i'm not familiar with.

so i was wondering if they are they any good ?
From what I understand they are troublesome to maintain. Mostly because it's difficult to adjust the trussrods. Supposedly there arent a lot of tools/wrenches whatever that can fit in that tight space.

Secondly, from what I understand they tend to have neck issues due to said trussrods.

I am not saying all of them have problems, but those that do are not really easy to maintain.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Getting a spanner inside one of the truss rods is such a pain in the ass because the one next to it is always in the way.

I've also heard from some people that you cannot adjust the truss rods that Rick's have without loosening the strings off first. Something you don't have to do with regular truss rods. The block of the truss rods bear at the end of the neck tends to crack as well.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
John Hall will sue you for containing the image of a Rickenbacker in your brain. There's a really good video explaining why Rick truss rods are utter shite (as well as every other element of the 4003 and r001) but I'm at work so watch this space.

Have you considered getting one of the newer and infinitely better Rick models?

And if you want quality from a Fender it sure as shit better be a deluxe model.
Quote by Spaz91
John Hall will sue you for containing the image of a Rickenbacker in your brain. There's a really good video explaining why Rick truss rods are utter shite (as well as every other element of the 4003 and r001) but I'm at work so watch this space.

Have you considered getting one of the newer and infinitely better Rick models?

And if you want quality from a Fender it sure as shit better be a deluxe model.

I think i put in the wrong rick name, its not the S model but the 4003 with the Vintage tone knob thingy, i thought these were the newer models ?
Quote by Spaz91
Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ODN1c_6ik

I was meaning some of the newer designs like the 4004. They're a massive improvement in sound and design but they have the same ******ed truss rod design. CARBON SUPPORTS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME, HALL, GET IT RIGHT.

This deffinitly changed my mind, even though i love the sound of a rickenbacker..
i think i'm gonna go for the Spector lx4 poplar, sounds good, good reviews and also looks good.