Page 1 of 2
Apparently it's your birthday, so happy birthday

Sickman411? More like sickman911, amirite? Because this party is getting way out of hand!

I wanted to give you something that encapsulated the spirit of both Portugal and Belgium, but this is the best I could come up with:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by ultimate-slash
I wanted to give you something that encapsulated the spirit of both Portugal and Belgium

colonialism
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It's sickman411's birthday today? Sick, man.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
happy birthday franco's portugal
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
actually on reflection i like this dude happy birthday man
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Wait, it's franc day? Shieeeet

Happy birthday you linguistics loving cunt.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by K33nbl4d3 at #33663756
colonialism

Hehe, it's funny because it's true

wouldn't it be great if colonial followed a similar pronounciation as colonel so then instead of "kuh-low-knee-uhl" it would be "ker-null-ee-ull"
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Last edited by Baby Joel at Nov 2, 2015,
happy birthday franc

i got you a weather forecast of the geographical centre of the iberian peninsula

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by chrismendiola
That's sick, man.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Baby Joel
wouldn't it be great if colonial followed a similar pronounciation as colonel so then instead of "kuh-low-knee-uhl" it would be "ker-null-ee-ull"

no it would be ker-nee-ull
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
blue signs is best signs

Quote by Hydra150

as a concept this is very pleasant but a sign telling me i'm going towards leeds kind of sets off panic responses in my head
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
yeah and don't even get me started on θεσσαλονίκη
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by K33nbl4d3 at #33663876
as a concept this is very pleasant but a sign telling me i'm going towards leeds kind of sets off panic responses in my head

that's why you follow it to the a64 and go to york instead

Quote by ultimate-slash
blue signs is best signs

what did u just say 2 me u lil bitch

ill fite u over this. ill fite u all. come at me brahs

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Typical green sign-person, always wanting to start a fight.

Bloody savages, the lot of them.

No idea who this pit user is

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Happy day of ageing, may it bring wisdom and betterment

or (drunken) revelations, either way

A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by ultimate-slash
Typical green sign-person, always wanting to start a fight.

Bloody savages, the lot of them.

o you think youre so better huh

yeah well there's no blue color on traffic lights so you lose hahah

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
sure francs from portugal, but does he have lips? woah
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Thanks everyone

Quote by ultimate-slash
I wanted to give you something that encapsulated the spirit of both Portugal and Belgium, but this is the best I could come up with:
Hey I'm fine with him weeing on Ribatejo but he better not take a dump on Getafe
Quote by K33nbl4d3
colonialism
Quote by ultimate-slash
Shut up Dutch man
Quote by Baby Joel
yes
Quote by Trowzaa
happy birthday franc

i got you a weather forecast of the geographical centre of the iberian peninsula
ooo nice
Quote by Hydra150
colours of motorway signs.jpg
I fucking love you
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No idea who this pit user is
fuck off Lyle
Quote by Burgery
sure francs from portugal, but does he have lips? woah
woah

Yeah thanks for the thread ulti and thanks everyone I didn't reply directly to
and other languages too of a particular family ~~~~
i don't know dick about porto so obv
It's not the actual verb to have in Portuguese, it's the verb "haver" which is obviously a cognate of to have but doesn't exactly mean to have. Also it loses the initial h. It's not even very noticeable that that's where the conjugation comes from until you realise it. Thanks for (post-)birthday linguistics chat!
question is there any similarity between a sickman and a wickedskengman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeR1wgWmCY
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by sickman411
It's not the actual verb to have in Portuguese, it's the verb "haver" which is obviously a cognate of to have but doesn't exactly mean to have. Also it loses the initial h. It's not even very noticeable that that's where the conjugation comes from until you realise it. Thanks for (post-)birthday linguistics chat!

year i realize ter is more like "to have" but don't you use haver like a 'helper verb' for perfects? that's what i gathered through some ignorant googling

right, the h is lost in spanish and italian as well. i originally noticed this in spanish cause my qt3.14 is majoring in spanish at uni and likes it when i try to text her in spanish but i blow at it

i also noticed that 2nd plural tends to be a bit suspect here and their tends to be multiple forms for 2nd singular and 3rd singular. idk if that applies to other romance languages, i'll have to do more ignorant googling
Quote by Eastwinn at #33664073

right, the h is lost in spanish and italian as well.

What?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
What?

italian "avere" apparently comes from the latin verb "habēre". the h was lost. porto and spanish also lost the h but restored it later orthographically (porto is "haver", spanish is "haber"). apparently that's to latinize it, but i feel like it's also in analogy with verbs like "hablar" that went from latin "fābulārī"* to old spanish "fablar" and finally to "hablar" via apparently a pretty consistent treatment of initial f's (see also "hacer", "hundir"**, etc). i keep saying "apparently" because i don't know very much about any of these languages so i'm relying on my ability to correctly interpret these references.

i don't mean in general, if that's what you thought i meant. tho the 'voiceless glottal fricative' as it's apparently called is missing in some spanish dialects. don't know about anything else.

* "fable"
** "fondu"
We use ter (actual to have) as a helper verb with perfects, using haver there is no longer a thing (still technically correct but erudite as fuck).
So what would you still use haver for besides the technically correct but erudite as fuck auxiliary verb? Do you also use it as they do in Spanish, with the the one conjugation ("Hay") that indicates the existence of something?

"Hay muchos hombres en la mujer"
"Hay un perro entre los coches"

That sort of thing.

Yes that's what we do, it's "há" in Portuguese, so "Há um cão entre os carros" = "There is a dog between the cars". There's also a structure that isn't used that much anymore (but it's informal) with "de" (=of) which is kinda like shall, so like "Eu hei de [do something]" implies that I have the intention to [do something] in the future eventually but I haven't given it much thought and have no concrete plans.

This is the best birthday thread guys :')
In the Middle Ages , in the current municipality of Getafe they lived several villages, and one of the most important was Alarnes , located near the present city center. In 1326, the residents of these villages came together in a village along the road that linked Madrid with Toledo . In this new town was called Xatafi . This name came from the Arabic word Jata , meaning "something long". Hence it was concluded that Xatafi concerned the long main street, which was none other than the actual road. Therefore, Xetafe means "long road". From there, the name evolved through Xetafi , Jetafee , Jetaphe , Jetafe and finally Getafe

Page 1 of 2