Hey there,
I own a Laney IRT and i wanna buy a Multi Effects Unit that i can use in the Effects Loop.
No amp moddeling is needed. Can you recommend something that works fine in the Effects Loop of a Tube Amp?
what is your price range and location?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by rafi.bit
Oh sorry, 400€ Austria(Europe).

Look at a used or new (*depending on price) Line 6 M13

Or a TC Nova G-system
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I really like the Nova System. I have read that you can't do the 4 Cable method. Is this very bad? I have no clue about this stuff..
I don't think the 4-cable is indispensable. Some people make good use of it, but if you're just looking for effects and not amp modeling I don't think you're going to miss it.

Loved my M13. G-System should bring you joy as well. Both are excellent units.
Alright but would the Overdrive from the Nova system be useable when i have it in the Effects Loop? Found one used with the gswitch for 250€ i think thats a great deal.
Not really. The Overdrive needs to be out the front of the amp, not in the loop.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think you'll find that you might not want to use the OD and distortions from those units, even among the ones that are capable with the 4-cable. Most of the effects are fantastic but the gain pedal models tend to be mediocre or worse. A lot of people use the multi-fx for everything except OD, and put a pedal or two in front of the amp for that purpose.

I wouldn't suggest getting a multi-fx specifically with the expectation of using the OD in front of the amp. Some can do it passably well but it's not exactly a selling point for any of them.
^+1

Get a stand-alone OD pedal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yes, I've used digital mutiFX for many things, but didn't like the clipping effects (OD, distortion, fuzz) on any of the ones I tried.

FWIW I'm currently experimenting with a Sansamp Character British (Marshall style) that I've had for years to get a wide range of OD and tone effects. These have analog SS circuitry.
Okay so i have to choose between the POD HD500X, GT 100 and the Nova System. Which one would you guys prefer? I've read that you can't change amp settings and can't switch channel with your Foot Switch while using the 4CM. Is that true?
Quote by rafi.bit
Okay so i have to choose between the POD HD500X, GT 100 and the Nova System. Which one would you guys prefer? I've read that you can't change amp settings and can't switch channel with your Foot Switch while using the 4CM. Is that true?

boss me 80. it's a cut down version of the GT100 and really easy to use and about 30% less in price. same chip, same dsp but less effects. Me80 doesn't do 4cable mehod