I wrote this using leftover/scrapped ideas from Chrysanthemum. While that one was uptempo and chaotic, this one is melancholic and wandering. When the heavy riff came in I started getting some Buckethead vibes, reinforced by me going straight up Soothsayer in the final section.

The first half of the song establishes the theme and then the 2nd half is a solo playing on variations of it. Harmonic color changes often so hopefully that helps keep it from being boring. There are a few parts I'm wary of, but I'd rather see if people notice them for themselves, rather than me putting it in your head that they're a problem.

Anyway, this song definitely pushes the limits of my playing and is probably the only guitar-centric track I've posted, so enjoy!

P.S. Bars 62 and 64...there's a way to get just the bottom note to bend, right? I assume most people will know what I was going for (and in MIDI it doesn't really matter), but I swear I've done it before and it's tripping me out that I can't do it now.
Attachments:
Codicil.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
It's a shame that no one even commented on this.... This is goddamn brilliant. I always did enjoy your work, and you seem to be progressing a lot when it comes to guitar-centric songs. I thought you said that you couldn't make solos...

There wasn't anything that immediately stuck out to me as out of place.

Excellent work.

I need to get on this level...

Quote by D2BII
It's a shame that no one even commented on this.... This is goddamn brilliant.

Woah
I'm sick af right now and reading this made me happy! I think the thread title is probably deterring people from looking at it but yeah this is the best, or at least the most appropriate, thing I've posted here so I'm slightly disappointed about lack of feedback.
I'm pretty sure the only reason this solo came out good is because I didn't think of it as a solo; just variations of a melody with a few flashy parts. (Also copping ideas from this )

I'm glad my work still holds up for you, despite my inability to carve a definitive style.
I can't open the spoiler for some reason but I assume it was a joke so:
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Hey man, I dont listen to this type of music that much anymore but just wanted to stop by to say that this was really good. It held my attention throughout and didn't drag on at all. Those lead parts are pretty crazy, very melodic yet technical, great job
Damn, that piano in the intro. Nice manipulation of MIDI lmao, I'm totally gonna use that in some future project. Sick pizzicato too.

15-28 is so damn melodic. Nice chord changes. Actually the entire song is pretty much riddled with these awesome chord progressions and... melodic melodies. lmao. super catchy stuff.

49 seems like a mistake though, not really dissonant in a good way.

dafuq it's already over?

Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Hey man, I dont listen to this type of music that much anymore but just wanted to stop by to say that this was really good. It held my attention throughout and didn't drag on at all. Those lead parts are pretty crazy, very melodic yet technical, great job

woah you still come here?