Hy all

I just recently bought an ht40 Blackstar, very cheaply caused it has 6n3ce power tubes in it. I don't really like the sound of it, so I buy a pair of Ehx el34s. Can I simply put in it?
Gear:
Jackson Perfomer MIJ (SD Custom 5/Hot Rails)
Blackstar HT Club 40
Artec Parametic EQ
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Planet Waves PW CT04 Tuner
E flat tuning
Quote by Danessz
Hy all

I just recently bought an ht40 Blackstar, very cheaply caused it has 6n3ce power tubes in it. I don't really like the sound of it, so I buy a pair of Ehx el34s. Can I simply put in it?

yes, but don't get EHX tubes, they suck. Grab a set of JJ E34L or KT77 to put in it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The HT40 runs on EL84 AFAIK tho, and 6n3ce (6p3ce actually, that n looking thing is a cyrillic character that's pronounced like "p") are 6L6 equivalents, so I'd get a set of 6L6 unless you were up to rebiasing the thing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Nov 3, 2015,
Quote by Spambot_2
The HT40 runs on EL84 AKAIK tho, and 6n3ce (6p3ce actually, that n looking thing is a cyrillic character that's pronounced like "p") are 6L6 equivalents, so I'd get a set of 6L6 unless you were up to rebiasing the thing.

I looked at the BS page and it said it had el34 stock.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Some people hate JJ's, some the EHX's. I had JJ power, and preamp tubes in my Peavey Valveking. After i changed the preamp tubes to EHX, the amp came alive, had a totally different (and for me) much better sound. That's why I think EHX power amp tubes will be great.
Gear:
Jackson Perfomer MIJ (SD Custom 5/Hot Rails)
Blackstar HT Club 40
Artec Parametic EQ
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Planet Waves PW CT04 Tuner
E flat tuning
Quote by Robbgnarly
I looked at the BS page and it said it had el34 stock.
My mistake, sorry.

Still, it seems now it's biased for 6L6, so I'd go for these unless OP wanted to work with the amp a bit.
Quote by Danessz
Some people hate JJ's, some the EHX's. I had JJ power, and preamp tubes in my Peavey Valveking. After i changed the preamp tubes to EHX, the amp came alive, had a totally different (and for me) much better sound. That's why I think EHX power amp tubes will be great.
Then why did you ask in the first place?

Judging from what I heard personally, EHX tubes (which are svetlana tubes, made in the same factory as sovtek and tung-sol to mention a couple) sound colder and more "accurate" than JJ.
If that's your game, definitely go for these.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.