Hi there

Seems like my previous thread regarding getting a new LP shape guitar went dead so I am reposting my last question in a new thread...

surprisingly, higher ESP guitars are available in Egypt... ESP E-II Eclipse is available at the dealer but with double the price of EC-1000 !!!! Does it worth?

if the answer is "yes", with this price I can get the Gibson LP Standard faded.. which deal is better ??
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Well the E-II series is MIJ and used to be the ESP Standard series. It is a better guitar than the LTD, but the LTD 1000 series is pretty nice.

It comes to what you are willing to pay for the guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Speaking from experience here:
The Eclipse IIs are awesome guitars and frankly they're quite a bit better than EC-1000s, which are still pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The ESP will be better out of the box than the ec1000 (and more than likely the gibson standard as well). Once you go past $1000-1500, you run into diminishing returns on quality vs price. Is it worth twice the price? Only you can decide.

On the used side of things, I picked up a near mint Eclipse II this summer for less than the price of a new ec-1000. Definitely worth it!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by mockbel
Hi there

Seems like my previous thread regarding getting a new LP shape guitar went dead so I am reposting my last question in a new thread...

surprisingly, higher ESP guitars are available in Egypt... ESP E-II Eclipse is available at the dealer but with double the price of EC-1000 !!!! Does it worth?

if the answer is "yes", with this price I can get the Gibson LP Standard faded.. which deal is better ??

I actually just got an ESP E-II eclipse yesterday. I can speak from experience here as I have played the LTD EC-1000...

The E-II blows it out of the water. The fit and finish on this thing is incredible. I'm sure the two guitars probably sound similar, maybe the E-II sounds a bit better, but to me the E-II's fit and finish, and craftsmanship is worth the extra money. It is a very noticeable difference.
As per the website, all E-IIs come with EMGs.. I am not a fan of active pickups.. any E-II models come with passives??
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Another player came into the game... Edwards by ESP... A friend told me that the dealer in Egypt is selling it so I will check for that... if Yes, Are Edwards good guitars?

They are made in Japan and typically looks like Gibson LP from my point of view... From the info on the internet I believe they are something in between LTD EC-1000 and ESP E-II... right?
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Edwards are nice guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have an ESP Eclipse II in snow white. While the EC-1000 is a very respectable guitar for the price I think the Eclipse is much better in every category. It just does everything better than the EC-1000. Feels better, plays better, sounds better, sustains better, and even looks better. Definitely worth the increased cost.

The closest EC to an Eclipse that I've played is the EC-1000 Traditional. It has an Ebony fretboard and just feels closer to the real thing. I'd still take an Eclipse though.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Last edited by gorgthemeatpile at Nov 5, 2015,
Quote by gorgthemeatpile
I have an ESP Eclipse II in snow white. While the EC-1000 is a very respectable guitar for the price I think the Eclipse is much better in every category. It just does everything better than the EC-1000. Feels better, plays better, sounds better, sustains better, and even looks better. Definitely worth the increased cost.

The closest EC to an Eclipse that I've played is the EC-1000 Traditional. It has an Ebony fretboard and just feels closer to the real thing. I'd still take an Eclipse though.

I believe that E-II has the same body cut as EC-1000 except the EC1000T which had a traditional LP shape (thicker and has no belly cut at the back). EC1000T is more close to original Gibson LP rather than Eclipse as far as I know...

Edwards are not available in Egypt anymore as well as EC1000T so I am now between E-ii and EC1000. This issue that E-ii is double price !!
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Quote by mockbel
I believe that E-II has the same body cut as EC-1000 except the EC1000T which had a traditional LP shape (thicker and has no belly cut at the back). EC1000T is more close to original Gibson LP rather than Eclipse as far as I know...

Edwards are not available in Egypt anymore as well as EC1000T so I am now between E-ii and EC1000. This issue that E-ii is double price !!

Then look for Burny, Tokai and Navigator guitars also

These companies make some great LP guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Then look for Burny, Tokai and Navigator guitars also

These companies make some great LP guitars

Not even known in my country,Egypt!!!

I hear that Japanese les Paul clones are pretty good guitars
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
I used to own an EC-1000, sold and set up a good handful of E-II Eclipses. Both of them are really fantastic guitars, the EC-1000 is great instrument for the price. However, the Eclipse is simply just a better instrument. Less chunky, essentially less restrictive IMO. Worth the extra cash if you're planning on this for your main guitar.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by mockbel
Not even known in my country,Egypt!!!

I hear that Japanese les Paul clones are pretty good guitars

Navigator is made by ESP and are very nice

Tokai makes the Love Rock which is also a very nice LP clone (you want the MIJ versions though not the MIC

Burny is another Japanese company the makes really nice LP guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Folks... I have an update here... I spotted a used Edwards for sale here in Egypt... The guitar model is ecy92 John Sykes signature... Black.. made in Japan.. EMG pickups instead of original SD (I don't know why owner did that!!)

It is for about $750 ... is it a good deal, providing that I like the guitar when I try it next weekend ??
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Edwards guitars are absolutely top class. I have an ESP, a Gibson, an MIJ Jackson and two Edwards'. The Edwards' are up there with the very best of them.

The typical running order of quality is considered to be that ESPs are better than Edwards', which are in turn better than LTDs. I'd go along with that, except to add that the quality gap between ESP and Edwards is very small (and frequently non-existent), whereas the gap between Edwards and LTD is wide.
Last edited by lordmolochuk at Nov 17, 2015,