So I will be updraging my axe in the new year. Or a bit after.

I originally wanted a Strandberg Boden 8 OS but apparently they don't ship to places without a dealership. So no shipping to India.

Here's what I want-
Fanned fret, 26.5-28 inches
Hardtail bridge/individual saddle bridge
EMG 808XX B and N
Natural finish or flamed maple satin finish.
Rosewood fretboard, mahogany/ash body, maple neck.
8 strings.

Where can I get a guitar with specs such as this?

My budget is USD2k, willing to extend to as much as 3.
Both the Wes Lambe and the Novax guitars, I find aesthetically a bit weird. Especially the offset middle pickup.

The Ran looks hell tasty. Fan is a bit more pronounced than I originally wanted, but othewise really nice.

What do you guys think of Hufschmid and Ormsby Guitars?

EDIT: Mailed RAN for a custom quote. Lessee what I get.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Nov 4, 2015,
The Lambes with offset middle pickups are usually guitar/bass hybrids, like Charlie Hunter uses.

Hufschmidts & Ormbsbys are good, too.

If you're lucky, you might find a used Caparison, Blackmachine or Jaden Rose with those specs.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Don't really want to go used to be honest, i know, not very rational, but yeah. Plus, living in India. Nonexistent used market here.

Anyway, not looking for a guitar/bass hybrid.

How good are Skrevesen? And Etherial guitars?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Nov 4, 2015,
When I say used, I meant you'd have to look online- those are small luthieries with low production.

As for Skervesen and Etherial, well Skervs have a pretty good rep but I've never heard of Etherial.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
When I say used, I meant you'd have to look online- those are small luthieries with low production.

As for Skervesen and Etherial, well Skervs have a pretty good rep but I've never heard of Etherial.

I tried out Skervesens quote for, getting a figure of about 2800USD for a full custom. Pretty reasonable, considering the same spec got me a quote from ESP for 9 grand

I also noticed Blackmachine don't accept orders anymore. Fired off an email asking for an estimate when production will start again. Willing to wait a while/spend a lot more if its a BM.

Anyone else I can check out?
I've got bookmarks roe a few hundred builders, but not all of them do fanned frets. And not all of them are in your price range.

And, of course, not all of them are still in business.

If I can think of any others, I'll post 'em. But I'm sure there will be someone else posting some ideas.

I'll check out Siggery.

I emailed Patrick from Hufschmid. Seems he doesn't build 8 strings with fanned frets

EDIT: I cant find any contact details on Siggery's page?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Nov 5, 2015,
That usually means a company has either got a website problem or has gone under.

As it turns out, they seem to have gone under earlier this year.

That's sad to hear

Either way. I've narrowed it down to the following.

Strandberg (first preference)
Rest-
Ormsby
Ran
Skervesen
Mayones
Jaden Rose (I got a quote from them, their Spider 8 is within budget, but just barely).

What would you rate these relatively speaking?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Nov 5, 2015,
Those makers? Pretty much, you'll get an impressive instrument from any of them. The visual aesthetics are where I'd make the cut.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 5, 2015,