Poll: Should Open Carry be legal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Open Carry be legal?
Yes
14 33%
I don't know
2 5%
No
27 63%
Voters: 43.
Page 1 of 5
I live in Colorado. We are no strangers to gun violence, as most of you know. Columbine and the Aurora theater shooting were international news. Unfortunately, over the weekend, there was a mass shooting in my city. In fact, it happened somewhere I go very frequently, so it really hits close to home. Closer than Columbine and Aurora (which upset me greatly). A gunman executed three pedestrians who were just walking about downtown Colorado Springs before police shot and killed him (please note I said police, not an armed and ready civilian ).

What was unfortunate about this incident is that a call was made to 911 before the shooting broke out from a citizen concerned about a guy walking around downtown with a rifle.

Bettis said she recognized the gunman as her neighbor—whom she didn't know by name—and that before the initial slaying she saw him roaming outside with a rifle. She called 911 to report the man, but a dispatcher explained that Colorado has an open carry law that allows public handling of firearms.

It is impossible to say if the outcome would have been different had officers been dispatched immediately upon receiving the call, but what is clear is that Open Carry could pose a very serious problem by delaying police response.

We all know that people who open carry are limp-dicked assholes, but should open carry be legal?

I think open carry should be absolutely illegal. I see no purpose for it other than for redneck tough-guy wannabes to tell the world how their dick is definitely not tiny at all. I support concealed-carry, but open carry has got to come to an end. There's no reason for it.

Post thoughts. Argue. Debate. Call me a communist tyrant idc

Story: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/11/open-carry-mass-shooting-colorado-springs
Check out my band Disturbed
where i live if a man has a gun and you tell the police he has a gun they are like dammn that man has a gun he might use it we should probably look into that seems like a good idea to me

open or closed carry doesnt make that much of a difference tho if someones gonna shoot a person it just means they have to stuff it in their pants a bit so they arent spotted as easily right thoughi suppose its harder to stuff an ak-47 in your pocket so it would help a little bit
Last edited by Ichikurosaki at Nov 3, 2015,
where i live if a man has a gun and you tell the police he has a gun they are like dammn that man has a gun he might use it we should probably look into that seems like a good idea to me
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can't see a situation where open carry has more benefits than negatives.
superman is killing himself tonight
I don't see why in the world someone would need an open carry

inb4 "it's not about need, it's about want whaaaaaaaa"
Where i live if a man has a gun and you tell the police he has a gun they are like dammn that man has a gun he might use it we should probably not bother the guy he might kill us
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by WCPhils
I don't see why in the world someone would need an open carry

Same reason you'd go into a black neighborhood and shout "fuck niggers". Because technically it's legal and you're just "exercising your rights".
Quote by Ichikurosaki
my post was innocent dont turn me into a meme lord you fucks
where i live if a man is deemed to be a meme lord you tell the police he is a meme lord and they are like dammn that man has a skills bruh we should probably look into that so we can get meme skills too
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
where i live if a man is deemed to be a meme lord you tell the police he is a meme lord and they are like dammn that man has a skills bruh we should probably look into that so we can get meme skills too

Dank as fuk brah
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I am not opposed to open carry in principle, but choose not to exercise it personally.

I don't think banning it based on an extremely isolated incident is probably good logic or legislation.

But I despise the shitheads that think that carrying an AK in Wal-Mart will endow the public with a positive perception of open carry and the people that might choose to exercise it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I am not opposed to open carry in principle, but choose not to exercise it personally.

I don't think banning it based on an extremely isolated incident is probably good logic or legislation.

But I despise the shitheads that think that carrying an AK in Wal-Mart will endow the public with a positive perception of open carry and the people that might choose to exercise it.

There's no reason for it. Concealed carry is just fine.

Open carry is intimidating and terrorizes the populace. If you really feel like you have to have a gun on you always (cowardice) then you can do concealed carry. If you MUST open carry, you are trying to make a statement to the people around you, and that's pathetic.
*sigh*
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by StewieSwan
There's no reason for it. Concealed carry is just fine.

Open carry is intimidating and terrorizes the populace. If you really feel like you have to have a gun on you always (cowardice) then you can do concealed carry. If you MUST open carry, you are trying to make a statement to the people around you, and that's pathetic.

As you are well aware, I don't agree, but I respect that your opinion differs. We both know you are attempting to be deliberately inflammatory and I don't feel like playing.

Have a nice day.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
As you are well aware, I don't agree, but I respect that your opinion differs. We both know you are attempting to be deliberately inflammatory and I don't feel like playing.

Have a nice day.

You don't agree that people walking around like jackoffs carrying weapons meant for killing large numbers of people is intimidating and terrorizes people who don't know if that person is a "law-abiding citizen" or a psychopath about to go on a rampage?
Quote by StewieSwan
You don't agree that people walking around like jackoffs carrying weapons meant for killing large numbers of people is intimidating and terrorizes people who don't know if that person is a "law-abiding citizen" or a psychopath about to go on a rampage?

That's why you should just should shoot them immediately, just in case.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by StewieSwan

You're not doing yourself any favors here. Self-serving buzzwords are a poor substitute for rational dialog.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You're not doing yourself any favors here. Self-serving buzzwords are a poor substitute for rational dialog.

The point is sound. Address it or not. Your choice.
I appreciate that some people may be (very rightly) made uncomfortable by someone openly carrying a rifle or something but terrorising is a word that very much jumps the gun (ha ha hahah) on such a situation

and I get that you've got the schrodinger's killer problem but hey, there are ways around that and it's less an open carry issue and more an obtainment issue, with a side of how they behave in the particular situation
ha-haaa
Quote by StewieSwan
The point is sound. Address it or not. Your choice.

If the point was actually sound, you wouldn't need to couch it in emotionally-driven language, as the facts would support themselves.
Charles Darwin
Ah, c'mon Arby, be fair. You can make up any statistics to support your facts. Forfty percent of people know that.
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
I appreciate that some people may be (very rightly) made uncomfortable by someone openly carrying a rifle or something but terrorising is a word that very much jumps the gun (ha ha hahah) on such a situation

What do you think people's reactions would be if this guy was walking around the streets or inside a business?

Quote by Banjocal
Ah, c'mon Arby, be fair. You can make up any statistics to support your facts. Forfty percent of people know that.

And the other 71% are mathematically illiterate.
Charles Darwin
I would think that his taste in apparel was not very considered, and would encourage him to find a vest more in keeping with the light blues of his headwear.
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
I would think that his taste in apparel was not very considered, and would encourage him to find a vest more in keeping with the light blues of his headwear.

Also, sleeves AND a vest in the hot sun like that? Big no-no.

This guy needs a makeover ASAP.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
What? That's a thing? You can do that? Jesus, I thought it was fucked up enough that y'all were walking around with them tucked into your waistband, but you can just walk around carrying a rifle?
Open carry varies from state to state. Personally I don't see any point or benefits to it besides letting other people know you have a gun.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by DardySon
How has no one posted this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54

If this isn't America's national anthem after they vote Trump in, then I don't wanna live in this world.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If this isn't America's national anthem after they vote Trump in, then I don't wanna live in this world.

Yeah no shit, only if they throw in the occasional "your fired" between verses though.
Quote by DardySon
Yeah no shit, only if they throw in the occasional "your fired" between verses though.

The fact that I'm really okay with all of that scares me to no end.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The fact that I'm really okay with all of that scares me to no end.

We are staring at the apocalypse and are looking Death in the eye. Just embrace it.
Last edited by DardySon at Nov 3, 2015,
Page 1 of 5