Page 1 of 2
From the ages 11-18, a lot of things happen. We discover a lot of things about ourselves, both physically and mentally. Who here loved middle school and high school? Who here dreaded it? Don't be shy, and don't downplay anything. Don't compare yourself too critically versus the the experiences of others. Just speak from your heart, since it could help someone right here.
I discovered a lot about masturbation at that age, that was pretty

I hated a lot about that time though and it still affects me now. I mean I made some great friends and memories, but there were some real bad times too, but that's life I suppose
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I ruined my body and mind with various self induced psychological issues

And then the non-self induced ones made it even worse

somehow I was happy through most of it.

I'm 19 and clinically depressed now.

Feeling alright at the present moment though.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Terrible.

. Everyone in the school was a fucking asshole. Many previous friends had backstabbed me around this time. I was often bullied.

. The school itself was atrociously managed. I wasted an entire year of my AS levels because my IT lecturer allocated everybody the wrong syllabus from the very beginning of the year. I wish I was fucking joking.

. I was forced into making long-term career decisions I was not prepared to make.

. The holidays we had as kids were replaced with a massive house restoration project that lasted over 10 years. Not a single Christmas didn't involve travelling to France to mix concrete or hammer roof tiles against the rafters in the snow.

. My parent's health deteriorated and their jobs evaporated around the time of the economic crisis. Hard to believe that happened 7 years ago.

. Had a few relationships with people who were complete fucking lying shitheads.

. Fell into unrequited love with someone with such intensity that I never saw life the same way again.

. Diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 3, 2015,
Developed severe mental illnesses that forced me to skip past adolescence and into adulthood while simultaneously hindering developmental processes, essentially trapping me at the age of 14 mentally. Thus why I'm so bitter and also fuckng stupid and lacking in essential life experiences and basic social skills.

I was also bullied a shit ton and I now have a ton of issues that I can't work past because of it.
Boring as hell, from 14 to 18 at least. I learned a lot about myself those years though.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Brilliant, gets better every year.

EDIT: I just read it and now I know you've defined this time period as ages 11-18, so that time's come and gone. The answer's just about the same. All I could say is I was a right little shit sometimes and I wish I knew then what I knew now- that I could have had a better sense of who I am. But I guess that nearly everyone could say that, so I've got no complaints worth mentioning.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Nov 3, 2015,
Middle school was terrible because bullying/my mom got cancer/my eating disorder started then. In high school I made some friends and my mom started getting better towards the end of it but my eating disorder started getting worse at this time and I was probably not very pleasant to be around because I was so unhappy with myself.

I definitely wouldn't want to repeat it but I have many good memories, mostly of dance performances and shows I was in, so I'm happy I was able to do that. I liked most of my teachers and classes in high school too.
cat
Drinking in the park was fun, but other than that it was full of all of the typical awkward moments and self esteem issues. Plus I didn't get my licence until I was 20, things are 1000000 times better now.
was nice and easy going then became a pretentious prick went through stages of die hard ayn randism and general anarchy self esteem plummeted i thought i was good at things whne i wasn't and i thought i was bad at things that i was really good at and i let anxieties and insecurities fester but i had some great experiences and some of the most fun times for me were when i gave up trying to be perfect and i just did whatever and it was pretty great

i had loads of self-image issues, i was always underweight and ultra paranoid about acne and i didn't think i was ever tall enough and i thought my face was too round and i hated my hair and i never knew if i wanted to dress like a skater or a prep or whatever and i thought my nose was too big and i thought i looked too young all the time

i wasn't into sports and i wasn't athletic but everyone else was so i wanted to be i started playing american football during lunch in my early teens and became decent but never grew so even if i wanted to i couldn't really go anywhere with it and i never got the hang of basketball and i overthought everything so i was usually just clumsy and awkward and by my later teens i started getting into football/soccer but didn't have the dedication to do anything with it but it set me up for some great fun later on and i still prefer to play it over any other sport even though i'm clumsy

i never got in fights and my biggest regrets are the promises and commitments i didn't keep but there's choices that i'm glad i didn't make when i could've and i realised that the best times were the ones where i wasn't trying too hard to be something i wasn't lots of memories talking myself up so that i wouldn't attract attention to myself but it made for some real awkward and shaming backpedal moments

i used to have a real hard time reconciling with my teenage years because i could only focus on the mistakes i made and the regrets i had and i stopped focusing on the better times and when i learnt to love japanese food and post rock and bbc television and i love that i've been in the colliseum and i've seen the dome of the rock and i've swam in lake superior and seen broadway musicals and i've got lost in london at 3am and i've chased wild turkeys and i've worn an olympic gold medal and it was great

all in all i think it was any normal teenage life, and my biggest struggle has really just been looking back on it from the right perspective because i used to only remember the worst and hate things but it was good
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
They were the best of times and the worst of times. Lots of sports and music involvement kept me sane. My parents tried to keep me too busy to get into trouble and it almost worked. I was small in size and being bullied early on, so I had to get tough or die. Sometimes clumsy and awkward after growth spurts, fascinated with girls but totally clueless. Did I mention I was fascinated with girls?

I survived the strange and twisted path through adolescence with a few battle scars.

Here is a pic of me at 19-20yrs:

(Invalid img)
Attachments:
greenvan (2).jpg
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Nov 3, 2015,
I don't know if I can apply a positive/negative value to it. It introduced me to several forms of abuse, poverty, homelessness, war, and loneliness. At the same time it briefly supplied me with a family outside my birth parents and an accelerated maturity (kind of). I'd say I'm a better person because of it, but that's blatantly not true. I'm just be mindful.

It's just shit and it happened, as shit is bound to do. I'm perfectly prepared to move on and start an actual life, given the chance. If I could change one aspect it would just be my parents. Could've used support figures and role models.
I bounced around friend groups, friends with a lot of people, but never best friends with anyone. Not until senior year at any rate. Met my first serious girlfriend going into senior year. Dated for 3 years. Broke up last month due to distance and different career paths. It hurts, but ended on good terms. I still have her as a friend. The friends that I grew close to are still with me. I talk to them whenever I can. My band got more gigs, wrote some songs. Made some money. Did a lot of church stuff (still do), I loved it and it helped me through the shittier parts of growing up. I've always had a good head on my shoulders, and I surrounded myself with good people. That time of my life was a good one.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Well I went through some bad financial problems and ended up in a homeless shelter for about a year with my mom when I was about 12, other then that it was ok.
Middle school was pretty bad though, I wouldn't say I was bullied as much as just had a bunch of dickheads throwing curse words my way because they just figured them out. High school was good though tbh, I never really talked to many people but most people in my school were really nice. I've never understood why people say high school is the worst, bullying was basically non-existent and imo middle school was far worse.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Actually my high school (also middle school in Aus) was so small we didn't bully each other because everyone knew everyone and we would've got yelled at by our mums

Actually, not totally true, there was this really weird chick that used to be aggressive to everyone and used to finger herself in class
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Nov 3, 2015,
High school years were okay. I wasn't unhappy, but I wasn't totally satisfied with how I was spending my time. Lots of guitar and lots of video games. I didn't do much, but there wasn't a lot for me to do in the town I grew up in. Now I find myself at 23, with a mortgage, a full time job and "adult" responsibilities wishing I'd been "young" when I had the chance.
middle school was bad, high school was pretty good. but i think im really comin into my own now

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Just generally awful. Hopping through multiple schools and meeting lots of doctors who barely knew their profession.

I'm sort of better now. I don't remember much of anything anymore so it's harder to dwell.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal at #33665932
Hopping through multiple schools and meeting lots of doctors who barely knew their profession.

I fuckin know right, I have the same problem and I'm always telling people how the doctors around here have no clue whatsoever as to what they're talking about. Everyone just say I'm a "know-it-all" and that they obviously know what they're talking about because they have a degree. I went to the doctor in town here a while ago because of arm pain and he told me I had Arthritis and I was really bummed out, then I went to my doctor outside of town and he told me it was just minor tendonitis that would go away in about a week with rest. I swear some of these doctors should be evaluated.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Early teens, I was a weird looking kid with glasses, 16 up, got contacts, straightened my hair, but was still to beta to do anything with all the pussy getting thrown in my direction.

If I could go back in time I'd have gotten laid so much, I did in my 18-22, I made up for it sure, but god I was so inexperienced, I didn't know what to do when it was being thrown right at me.
It was okay

There were a lot of things I missed out on that I regret, but generally it worked out fine and I think I will generally be an okay adult

I was pretty oblivious for a good few teenage years though which means I probably should have put myself in more pretty things than I actually have

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It was aight, can't complain.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
11-15 was had great friends, was starting to get good at guitar, family life was good, etc.

16-19 pretty much sucked ass. some good stuff happened at 19 but overall those years beat the shit out of me and I still haven't completely moved on tbh. sometimes I feel like I'm stuck as an 18 year old.
I was ridiculed by my peers daily. No matter what I did or said. Telling them to go fuck themselves or try to solve it with words would only get a laughing response, making me feel like I sounded dumb and I didn't want to get into more trouble by getting physical, so I decided to try to ignore it, which didn't help at all.
Now I have some confidence/self-esteem issues and difficulties forming relationships and opening up to people, cus I subconsciously already expect them to laugh me out, although the anxiety part has gotten slightly better.

So fuck that time of my life.
11-17 went to high school, didn't have many friends except ouside of school, was an overall lazy piece of shit but had good grades anyway and graduated at the top of my class. And then it was time to figure out what to do now.

17-19: Still a lazy piece of shit, but finally getting better at guitar and meeting a lot of new ppl while working for a local venue. Still don't know what to do in terms of college, and soon dropping out for the second time. Already spent two half years sitting around at home doing fuck all. Exploring my options in sound engineering now, though, and finding out I'm really interested in it Hell, at some points in college I actually missed high school. Wish I'd taken my guitar seriously sooner.

Right now I'm 19 with very little qualifications, very little paid work (I do some additional teaching at my old high school for like 20 euros a week) and lacking quite a few basic life skills and experiences. I only ever had one real job interview in my life, for example (which was at 15, to stock shelves at a store). The rest of the jobs I just kind of rolled into. Also haven't had a girlfriend in like 4 years cause I'm simply too damn passive to approach girls, and I guess I'm not the most interesting guy in the world either lol. But I'm actually mildly optimistic about the future. Might have a date soon, and at least my parents support me in pursuing sound engineering, so I got that going for me...
"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit." - George Carlin
Last edited by LazyHardRocker at Nov 4, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Terrible.

. The school itself was atrociously managed. I wasted an entire year of my AS levels because my IT lecturer allocated everybody the wrong syllabus from the very beginning of the year. I wish I was fucking joking.

Yep. My school was a complete logistical abortion too. Even teachers didn't know what to do with all that fancy technological crap the school experimented with. Ever seen the South Park episode about Intelli-link? It was like that.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

. I was forced into making long-term career decisions I was not prepared to make.

Me too. Cost me a grand total of 2-3 years. I graduated high school a year early though, so I'm still only 19 and I guess I have time to catch up on basic skills now.
"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit." - George Carlin
The ages of 11 to 18 were definitely a giant roller-coaster ride. But, it was one of those roller-coasters that's made out of wood and held together with rusty bolts, and all of a sudden, it just falls, killing everyone on it.

When I was 7 (maybe 6; I try not to remember now), I was sexually abused repeatedly. Somehow, a few kids in my (at that point) elementary school found out, which led to me being severely bullied for my elementary school career. But, enter Middle School, shit got a whole lot worse. Middle School is where kids start using the terms "faggot" and shit like that, and since I was (when I was 7) sexually abused by a male, you can only imagine the shit I had to endure. I had people give me swirlies (head in the toilet bowl and flush), gum stuck in my hair, I got called "faggot", "bitch", "pussy", so on and so forth, every single day. I had kids who kicked the shit out of me and would threaten to kill me, just because. If I went home and told my mom about it, she would get ahold of my principal or guidance counselor, the students in question would get penalized, and it just caused shit to get a whole lot worse over time. So, 7 to...I'd say 16 was pretty shitty.

But, come the age of 15, I smoked pot for the first time, and realized it doesn't matter what people think of me. I am who I am, I am a good person, and if I wanted to, I could go places in life; hell, I could probably do better in life than most of my bullies would.

Come 16, I finally started making friends for the first time since age 7, and life started getting decent. I didn't get bullied often at this point, and when I did, I'd fight the fuck back. I learned how to NOT care what people thought of me, and I learned how to get people to back off.

Now I'm 25, and life is pretty good.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
High School was actually a very good time in my life. I felt like I had a sense of purpose. Then everything went to shit after the fire nation attacked I graduated.

When you're still in school, you feel like you're working towards something and that your "real" life hasn't begun yet. Years later, you realise you may have peaked in high school, except you didn't notice at the time because it wasn't that high a peak. It's all downhill from there.

I feel like I've become a worse person since then.
Last edited by sashki at Nov 4, 2015,
because people are constantly trying to find ways to make our lives worse and i find that I'm falling into a depressed state. I think you can say that when it's everyday right? Or atleast feels like everyday.
Quote by hurricane0202
I fuckin know right, I have the same problem and I'm always telling people how the doctors around here have no clue whatsoever as to what they're talking about. Everyone just say I'm a "know-it-all" and that they obviously know what they're talking about because they have a degree. I went to the doctor in town here a while ago because of arm pain and he told me I had Arthritis and I was really bummed out, then I went to my doctor outside of town and he told me it was just minor tendonitis that would go away in about a week with rest. I swear some of these doctors should be evaluated.

Yeah, I bet they don't even know there's a cure to cancer.
Free Ali
@ all the people that had shitty teenage years

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I had a good time. I had good friends and we did tons of shit together. Didnt get bullied or anything like that. I was just a normal kid that got along with a decent amount of people.

I did party a bit too hard for a few years but I was young and thought I was invinsible.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2