In the market for a new basic interface around the price range of $500AUD ($350 USD).

-Only requirements are:
-USB Interface (ideally USB 3.0)
-Minimum 2xOutputs (ideally 4)
-MIDI I/O
-It will be used to record pre-production for our band and run samples live (and possibly guitar VST's live in future)

Looking around I can find barely any collated info on USB 3.0 interfaces however my understanding is they should be a lot faster than a USB 2 interfaces, beats firewire and not far off Thunderbolt?

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of interfaces to look into for around the price range mentioned above that meet the requirements listed. Also if for some reason there is 0 point/advantage to USB 3.0 on an audio interface please enlighten me
I've asked this before and the general consensus is that it would make little difference and that EVERYONE has USB2, Firewire or Thunderbolt but not everyone has USB3, so the manufacturers are going to go where the market is

Based on your description, a Focusrite 2i4 would probably do the job quite well since it has 2 inputs, 4 outs (2 trs, 2 RCA, midi I/O plus a headphone out (with a separate volume)).

I do all of my mics, acoustic, bass and percussion recording with the 2i4 and it seems to cope really nicely.

Here's my thread from before though. People more informed than me posted some good replies that you might find helpful

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671294
Quote by rkroxpunk
In the market for a new basic interface around the price range of $500AUD ($350 USD).
Read the introduction to recording sticky.
Quote by rkroxpunk
Looking around I can find barely any collated info on USB 3.0 interfaces however my understanding is they should be a lot faster than a USB 2 interfaces, beats firewire and not far off Thunderbolt?
They aren't "faster" than any other common data interface, they have more bandwidth, which is the ability to carry more informations per unit of time.
USB2 though has enough bandwidth to carry 8x8ch of 24/96 audio without any problem, so you would get no advantage from USB3 unless you needed a big interface.

Firewire (whatever version is better than USB (whatever version) because it's a better data interface:
it has less latency and its speed doesn't depend on the computer's processing speed.
There's other stuff but that's what you care about.
Same thing goes for thunderbolt, and thunderbolt also has higher bandwidth.

So there's no point in looking for a USB3 audio interface, ever.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The only companies with USB3 interfaces out that I can think of are RME and Universal Audio, neither of which fit in your price range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.