Hi! im new in this forum i hope im in the right section

I got this Les Paul shipped from Japan by my relative there (im not sure tho if this is made in japan).. no serial, no brand, no made in mark.

I havent seen any kind of les paul like this, its kinda unique.

Anyone have an idea or can confirm this is Japanese Made? someone told me its like teisco/trump style (switch). Someone also told me it maybe a very early Matsumoku made around 1960.

Someone also told me its a Kay/Univox Effector that has already been modifed, restored.and parts have been changed. I think this is the close one

Another Update from other forum this is a Rare Bellwood Les Paul . see link

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-11021-VINTAGE-BELLWOOD-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-LES-PAUL

can some on confirm this is indeed Bellwood or teisco made or atleast Japanese made? Thank you!

Have you checked the neck heel for any markings there?

The switching obviously matches the Bellwood and not the Univox, and the bridge could easily be aftermarket, but having nothing on the headstock is less encouraging imo. Obviously you can replace a bolt-on neck but some neck pockets are more standardised than others.

If it plays alright, though, cool guitar

Anyway, yeah, not my area of expertise but if you haven't checked the neck heel for any markings that's probably a good idea.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It definitely has a Univox kind of vibe. If it's stock, you might be able to find some identifying features. On the underside of the pickups, they might have an M stamped into the baseplate. The neck plate might have some information on the back side as well. Either it saying Matsumoku or having an initial from an inspector. That's one way to find out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It definitely has a Univox kind of vibe. If it's stock, you might be able to find some identifying features. On the underside of the pickups, they might have an M stamped into the baseplate. The neck plate might have some information on the back side as well. Either it saying Matsumoku or having an initial from an inspector. That's one way to find out.

The rarest of all are the ones that say, "Slapped together by Herman."
Quote by dspellman
The rarest of all are the ones that say, "Slapped together by Herman."

Replace Herman with h4t3br33d3r and I can think of about 15 guitars on the used market right now that would fit that criteria
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Replace Herman with h4t3br33d3r and I can think of about 15 guitars on the used market right now that would fit that criteria

I've always wanted to get my hands on an authentic h4t3br33d3r, but none of the ones you see floating around on the market seem to come with either the COA, the original Well Hung strap, the original pressed-hemp case *or* the custom belt buckle.
Quote by dspellman
I've always wanted to get my hands on an authentic h4t3br33d3r, but none of the ones you see floating around on the market seem to come with either the COA, the original Well Hung strap, the original pressed-hemp case *or* the custom belt buckle.

The counterfit market is strong. You can never be too careful

If you dont find a bag of weed in the cavity and the case doesnt smell like vomit and JD its probably fake.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster