So yeah my budget is 1000 USD and I'd like to buy my first acoustic guitar. I DO NOT WANT AN ELECTRIC-ACOUSTIC GUITAR!
Just a regular acoustic.

My favorite guitar brands are
Gibson
Fender
Taylor

If I'd like to buy one it would at least range from 400 and higher USD.

I checked fender website and noticed that CE and SCE guitars acoustic-electric. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Also for Taylor guitars pretty much all of them are acoustic electric

Need help on how to know which ones are just acoustic guitars.
Also recommend me which one to buy in your opinion please.

Regards,
Avoid Fender like the plague...they make terrible acoustics. You can't afford a Gibson.

I would recommend low a low end Martin or a Yamaha for that budget.

I suggest you use the Sweetwater website and search for acoustics within your price range - that will narrow down your search.
I bought a Recording King 12 fret to the body 000 model a couple of years ago. It was the first time I'd seen the brand in the UK but I was so impressed with the quality, price, sound and playability that I bought it. I don't know if a 000 is for you but they do several different models - I've played a few since buying mine and all have been very good.

http://www.recordingking.com/products/guitars-all-models
are you looking for a dread or another size? lower end all solid martins can be had in your price range as can all solid guilds, recording kings and blueridge, and there's also the all solid epiphone masterbilt guitars. there are also higher end all solid yamaha L series guitars available in your price range.

if you can give us any of your preferences like body size, style, number of frets to the body, neck width and scale, we can probably give you better recommendations.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
are you looking for a dread or another size? lower end all solid martins can be had in your price range as can all solid guilds, recording kings and blueridge, and there's also the all solid epiphone masterbilt guitars. there are also higher end all solid yamaha L series guitars available in your price range.

if you can give us any of your preferences like body size, style, number of frets to the body, neck width and scale, we can probably give you better recommendations.

6 frets. I'm not sure about about neck sizes and body sizes and styles though since I know nothing about that.
tough. that's a pretty big budget for a first guitar. take the time and find an acoustic player to head to a music shop or two with you and have him/her try out a bunch while you listen for what sounds good to you. try out a bunch of different body sizes and see what comfortable to you both sitting and standing.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Martin, Yamaha, Seagull, Breedlove all make nice acoustics for under $1k. It should be pretty easy to find one without electronics but I'm not sure why that is a deal-breaker. A well made acoustic-electric is just as sweet unplugged as any other guitar.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Hmmm, I don't think I would be spending that much on a first guitar, especially as you admit to not knowing much about them. Don't equate "more"with "better"; there is a huge choice in good acoustics for a few hundred $. Just get something whose looks and sound appeal to you, and invest in a set up.

And why would you worry about whether it has a pickup or not? It makes no difference to the tone.
Last edited by Tony Done at Nov 5, 2015,
$1000 buys a lot of guitar. Not all of Taylor's acoustics are acoustic/electric, btw.

Usually there is an "e" to notify if an acoustic has an electronic output.
Yeah I don't know how I could recommend anything with what you're asking. $1000 is such a huge price range for a first time buyer, especially if you don't know what you want. Why you refuse to have electronics in your guitar is beyond me, it saves you buying a pickup later, and even if you never use it, it makes absolutely no difference to the tone/playability of a guitar.

I got a feeling you don't quite know what an electric-acoustic is, it's literally just an acoustic guitar that you can plug in if you want, everything else is identical.

Also with a budget like that and with little knowledge about what you're buying, it's easy to get ripped off. You can buy plenty of well made, all solid wood acoustics within half of that price range, and there are plenty of dodgy, laminate guitars within that price range. And judging by your response to the amount of frets you want to the body (frets and strings are two different things), I'm willing to bet you've never played guitar before, acoustic or electric, so a $1000 price point for a first ever guitar is overkill.

Do some research, learn about the parts of a acoustic guitar, what makes a good deal for an acoustic, what to look out for, what to avoid, and listen to different kinds of acoustics to know which ones you like more (we can't recommend you a guitar unless we know what kinds of acoustics you like). If you really want to spend a lot, consider saving some of that money for lessons or upgrading your rig, ie capos/pedals/amps (this is where having electronics kicks in).
I know what he is thinking. He wants a great acoustic for the money. Electronics adds expense and NO VALUE unless you plan playing publicly. Makes perfect sense to me. I was going to get an acoustic electric and realized I didn't need it. I ended up with one eventually (and it is awesome....no wood!) but that wasn't the plan.
You want to INSURE that you have an overpriced, overhyped guitar? ALL fancy woods is definitely the way to go. Maybe in the old days all that shit was true...it is not true anymore and it'll just cost you money.

Not all laminates are shitty, and not all woods rock. I played a "no laminates" Martin the other day that was blown away by a used $230 Baby Taylor.

The design and build quality trumps wood. Bob Taylor proved it.
Last edited by TobusRex at Nov 10, 2015,
You can get a seagull solid wood series for $700. Martin has some non electric acoustics which I think are all solid wood for about a grand. Recording King makes an all solid wood guitar with no electronics for around $500. I'm sure there are some others but when you start looking at mid-range and up, they generally come equipped with electronics. I'm not sure why that would be a deal breaker for you. ??? It doesn't affect the sound and is actually a good deal. You have the ability to plug in if you ever have the need in the future plus a built in tuner at little extra cost. Sweetwater has the Yamaha A1R and AC1R on sale for $498(regularly $698). That is a smoking great deal on a fantastic guitar. It has electronics though, very good electronics at that. I have the A1R and I also have a seagull SWS. I never plug in my acoustics other than just to check and see that the electronics still work. I really like my seagull SWS but the Yammie A1R blows it away; blows away my Breedlove too....just saying.

As a beginner you can save yourself a bundle and just get a Yamaha FG700s or 730s. Great value guitar that's good for a beginner without breaking the bank(and no electronics). Good enough that it's something you may want to keep as a campfire/practice instrument even if you upgrade. If you get into this hobby, you will more than likely end up owning several guitars.

BTW, if you get an all solid guitar, make sure the humidity in your home is regulated at about 40-50%. If not that's not possible then get a solid top with laminated back and sides.