Hey guys. I'll make this one quick. I've been thinking about getting some new pickups for my les Paul for awhile now and I've decided that that is next on my list. It has a57 Classic and 57 classic plus in it now. It's a Gibson usa les Paul less plus. The 57s sound wonderful clean, especially coil tapped. But I'd really like some with a little more juice. I find that the 57s get slightly muddy when pushed too hard and they don't really drive tubes very hard either. I like quite a bit of articulation
As for what exactly I'm looking for, if I had the money I would get bare knuckle cold sweats. I like how they sound. But I can't she'll out $300+ for a set of pickups. Is there a cheaper option that would give me what I am looking for while also being an upgrade?

Thanks guys. As always I appreciate it
sure, probably. there are quite a few pretty good value handwinders around, though I haven't tried any of the current ones. BG and zhangbucker are pretty reasonable value I think, though that's just off the top of my head, there are probably lots of other options.

upgrade- again, probably, but it's hard to say how much of the upgrade will be something that's objectively better, and how much is just something which suits what you want better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hm. Okay. I mean, I realize I'm gunna have to pay a little to get some good pickups. And I don't really need the best of the best. If I had the money is either get bare knuckle cold sweats or Prs 59/09s. But both of those sets are gunna cost me $300+. I just can't afford that. $150 maybe $200 is kinda my top end honestly. Past that I'll just keep running an overdrive in front of my amp
Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Lgarretto
The Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire John petrucci set is my top choice actually

Yeah they are pretty nice and with Dimarzio if you don't like the pickups you buy, they will actually let you trade them in one time for another pickup/pickups.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate