Hi. I''l buy Taylor 110 acoustic but i have a question. My classical guitar is ibanez aeg10 and it has a cutaway. It is very good for some frets. But taylor 110e hasn't cutaway for better acoustic sound. Is it problem? Thank you (My native language is not English sorry if i made mistakes)
are you asking if there will be a problem with reaching the higher frets on the taylor?

without a cutaway it will be more difficult to reach the higher frets especially anything above the 15th fret but its not impossible
having said that the extra space inside the guitar(and the bigger top) will make for a bigger sound and i find myself not really needing to use the higher frets on my acoustic guitars anyway and if you need to reach the higher frets you have your ibanez guitar

also you might notice the taylor is more difficult to play because it has steel strings with are harder than nylon just play it for a while til your fingers get used to it
Last edited by supersac at Nov 4, 2015,
there's a great video on Taylor on youtube addressing the question of sound quality on cutaways vs non-cutaways. the tonal differences are negligible . I myself could never tell the difference( I do have diminished eardrum capabilities so take my opinion with a grain of salt). I rarely ever go above the 13 fret but when I do( songs like "wanted dead or alive" for example) the cutaway is handy as hell.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Anyway, I saw one comparison test, where I liked the cutaway model better. I thought the cutaway model had a bit better definition in the bass, and a bit more sparkle in the high.

If we weren't talking in terms of a Taylor, this would be a no-brainer.

Most makers package the electronics and cutaway as a single upgrade. In the $300.00 to $400.00 price range, it's usually worth $100. to $150.00 dollars.

With Taylors, it's different. Talking n terms of the Mexi-Taylor 1xx & 2xx series, the cutaway alone is worth about $150.00. Electronics come in the non-cutaway guitars, with the "e" suffix.

While they are expensive for laminate B & S instruments, the construction is good and also consistent.

Taylor has thinned down the dreadnought bodies by about 1/2", and uses a molded back. This kills a lot of the boom and boxiness of the average dread, along with brightening up the guitars.

I do think for someone who is used to listening to a nylon strung guitar, the brightness of a steel strung Taylor is going to be quite a shock to the system.

Not a bad shock mind you, but enough to wake you up.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 6, 2015,