so i bought this ltd viper 50 few months ago i did some customization on it but i never liked the dots inlays ( but not to a stage that i must changed them) and while im at it i though that i would finish the iommi vibe on the guitar

this is the guitar

after few modification changed the emg x pick ups to railhammers Gnarly 90 Humbucker Size P90

(Invalid img)

and a gibson style mirror pickguard
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

this is what i was aiming for

i saw some cross inlays on ebay

and these they say wont cover the dots

so is a good idea or bad ? any one tried them before

i oil the fret board every two weeks when i change the strings well they peel off with time

and do they effect playality (bends / slides .... etc)
please ignore my username
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Nov 4, 2015,
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
so i bought this ltd viper 50 few months ago i did some customization on it but i never liked the dots inlays ( but not to a stage that i must changed them) and while im at it i though that i would finish the iommi vibe on the guitar

this is the guitar

after few modification changed the emg x pick ups to railhammers Gnarly 90 Humbucker Size P90

(Invalid img)

and a gibson style mirror pickguard
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

this is what i was aiming for

i saw some cross inlays on ebay

and these they say wont cover the dots

so is a good idea or bad ? any one tried them before

i oil the fret board every two weeks when i change the strings well they peel off with time

and do they effect playality (bends / slides .... etc)

if they work for you then go for it. not sure how long they'll last though. ideally you shouldn't be touching the wood at all when bending.

oiling your fretboard every two weeks is supreme overkill and possibly harmful. twice a year lightly is plenty.
Those are not inlays, they are just plain stickers.

If you like them then do it, but they might get tore up quickly.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ad_works
if they work for you then go for it. not sure how long they'll last though. ideally you shouldn't be touching the wood at all when bending.

oiling your fretboard every two weeks is supreme overkill and possibly harmful. twice a year lightly is plenty.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Those are not inlays, they are just plain stickers.

If you like them then do it, but they might get tore up quickly.

i only use a small drop but i use ghs fast fret every time i finish playing guitar so if they tore up quickly it seems like a bad idea then
Quote by ad_works

The string shouldn't. Realistically, your fingers will be. You won't be scraping but you will be rubbing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
i only use a small drop but i use ghs fast fret every time i finish playing guitar so if they tore up quickly it seems like a bad idea then

Then getting them to stick good may be a problem.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think Fast Fret is essentially mineral oil, so you're just bathing the strings and the fretboard in that stuff. Not really a great idea.
I have on a guitar. They've been on for 4 years at least. I haven't noticed the slightest wear on them. I also occasionally use fast fret, and used to use fingerease, and usually clean my fretboard with the Dunlop lemon cleaner usually once a month to get rid of grime that builds beside the frets.
Last edited by esky15 at Nov 4, 2015,
I highly recommend them, just don't get the cheapest ones you can get your hands on. If you're an aggressive string bender it can be a factor too but seeing as most LTD guitars have jumbo or XJ (extra jumbo) frets by all means.

on a phenolic resin fretboard (composite man made material) I had to use WD40 to help me get the inlays off. That is how strong the adhesive is by the way. Phenolic resin is a composite material used on gibson les paul customs now for some reason but i like the material and WD40 doesn't damage the fretboard for those ready to complain. I kind of miss the guitar. It was a washburn renegade with stainless steel frets.

on my favorite guitars i have scalloped fretboards so i dont even get dirt from my fingers on them. I was tempted to put a set of them on it. One Mexican seller i know though will do custom inlays. I wanted my initials on the 2nd or 3rd fret or perhaps as a water slide decal on a project but that is wayyy too self indulgent.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Nov 4, 2015,
I, too have had, "tree of life" fake inlay stickers on one of my guitars for a couple of years now and they're still as good as the day I put them on.

Worst case scenario: they get shabby and you have to take them off, so you've wasted a few bucks and some time. But they'll probably be fine.
Nice.. What are you getting?

I buy from Jockomo of www.inlaysticker.com/

Here are some of the guitars I put inlay sticker on:

Squier Silver Bullet S-3 with 'Colored Numbers' inlays

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o720/Alaric89/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Alaric%20Tins%20MacBook%20Pro/1997%20Washburn%20Maverick%20BT-4%20MiI%20SN%20I7114857/DSC_7045_zps53f07d25.jpg
Washburn Maverick BT4 with 'Beatles Abbey Road' inlays

Washburn X-series X33 with 'Bat' inlays

Shredneck LP series Deluxe photoflame 'Roman Numerals Block' inlays

Washburn Festival EA20 Newport acoustic electric 'Cherry Blossom Petals' inlays

Washburn Maverick BT6 with 'Pacman' inlays

I still have a couple of inlays that I have not installed.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Nov 5, 2015,
Nice.. What are you getting?

I buy from Jockomo of www.inlaysticker.com/

Here are some of the guitars I put inlay sticker on:

Squier Silver Bullet S-3 with 'Colored Numbers' inlays

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o720/Alaric89/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Alaric%20Tins%20MacBook%20Pro/1997%20Washburn%20Maverick%20BT-4%20MiI%20SN%20I7114857/DSC_7045_zps53f07d25.jpg
Washburn Maverick BT4 with 'Beatles Abbey Road' inlays

Washburn X-series X33 with 'Bat' inlays

Shredneck LP series Deluxe photoflame 'Roman Numerals Block' inlays

Washburn Festival EA20 Newport acoustic electric 'Cherry Blossom Petals' inlays

Washburn Maverick BT6 with 'Pacman' inlays

I still have a couple of inlays that I have not installed.

cool guitars i was thinking about cross anlays but now im waiting an emil from jaydee guitars i might order the real thing tony iommi old boy
I apologize to the OP for answering something off topic..

Christopher0214, I didn't post picture of guitar with the MightyMite Motherbuckers (I hear they had to rename it 'Superbuckers' to avoid lawsuit from Kent Armstrong pickups).. I don't use the guitar much so can't say much..

MightyMite Motherbuckers are in my Washburn Maverick BTM mini 3/4 travel guitar

I noted I'm firstly a modder and semi collector, my playing skills will make any high end guitar sound bad. My friend who plays very well says they are articulate and can get ballsy with OD and gain, these are really hot output for passive humbucker, the bridge is 21 ohms and neck is 17 ohms.

The Dragonfire Quadrails is even more hotter humbucker, bridge and neck are 23 ohms.. It's in the Shredneck Deluxe LP series mini travel guitar.. 3/4 size of shred monster tone.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Nov 14, 2015,