da. i just killed myself nbd

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Only once. I forgot what I named the file and couldn't find it in my "Stuff" folder. Anytime I have old files, homework, or useless chaff I think I'll need later, it goes in the "Stuff" folder. I need to sort that shit out, it's the junk drawer of my laptop.
I compulsively hit cmd+s every few actions when working. I also have backup drives AND a battery APU....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I compulsively hit cmd+s every few actions when working. I also have backup drives AND a battery APU....

i write text in google docs before transferring it to a better word processor (if necessary) because it saves multiple times per minute
Quote by Eastwinn
i write text in google docs before transferring it to a better word processor (if necessary) because it saves multiple times per minute

Not a bad idea. The programs I use don't have a cloud equivalent...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Not a bad idea. The programs I use don't have a cloud equivalent...

Sibelius or similar?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
yea mostly production software. Can't afford any downtime in the middle of a project. I'm even holding off moving house right now because of that lol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
pretty much yes

Last night I had to finish redoing an assignment because I gave up looking for the backup version after my laptop was kill.

It's so much worse than the original to the point of "hey, I mightn't be deemed competent, but I won't have to pay off $2000 for this part of the course"
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
nah, the only thing school related i have lost was a few math homework assignments back in highschool, mostly because of procrastination, but im on top of that kinda stuff in college.

i email myself everything AND save everything in a thumb drive.

even if it's like a 2 page essay that counts for like 4% of my grade.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

i'm compulsive with my ctrl+s pressing. i do it constantly even when i'm just looking over something and not changing anything. the split second flash of the loading icon makes me feel at peace, and when i don't see it i feel like it didn't really save.
Everything you do should be backed up to a local hard drive and a remote service like Dropbox.
Quote by Eastwinn

This is really the way to go.

I once was working on a song in Logic and got a good amount done and it crashed and I hadn't saved anything. Unfortunately, I was writing it as I went, so I couldn't even remember exactly how all the parts went
Check out my band Disturbed
The couple times it almost happened, I restarted my laptop and it had recovered the files. Phew.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I've lost about 5 hours worth of work I put into a Big Band score in Sibelius. I had the harmonies all sounding great and smooth voice leading in all parts, wrote a dank soli and errythang, then GONE.

I spent the rest of the night just trying to recreate what I had and failed miserably, ended up getting a C on it.
yes once. I was writing a paper and my toddler cousin deleted it while i was in the bathroom.

The paper itself was only 5 pages long so that was easy to type out again but it had 40 references so I had to track them all down again and format them and that was not fun (this was before I started using Mendeley)
cat
Also, since your teachers clearly don’t know how to use a computer and aren’t teaching you useful stuff: give your files version numbers and increment them. When you write the thesis statement for a paper that’s myfile_1.doc. When you add the outline that’s myfile_2.doc. When you start fleshing out the outline, that’s myfile_3.doc. Every time you print a draft copy immediately increment your file. Every new day that a project goes on, increment your file. If you decide to rewrite a key paragraph, increment the file first. And so on. And if you share a project with other people every person needs to increment the file every time they start working and include their initials in the version number. If you spend a little time learning this now you’ll save hundreds of hours over your adult life.

And NEVER rely on built-in version control systems like Apple’s garbage. Because if all your versions are crammed into one crazy file and that file goes to shit, every version of your work might be fucked. Keep your file versioning DIY!
also one time I made a science project that was molecules made out of different sized marshmallows. My dad ate it the night before it was due. I had to go to class and say, "My dad ate my homework."