Page 1 of 5
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Is that 99.9%?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
In seriousness, I worked with an anime kid. His girlfriend and him were EXACTLY like this.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha my god
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Nyan is basically mew/meow and exists because that's just the easiest way to pronounce a cat's noise if you're a native Japanese speaker, at least that's what I always assumed.

The problem with most anime watchers is they can't tell what's more age appropriate for them, or watched enough to know if something's a knock off, and/or cookie cutter crap. I liked samurai pizza cats when I was 5, and DBZ when I was 8, but you wouldn't catch me watching that shit now, and I love anime.

Tbh I don't think Japan's all that great, I'll take their games, animation, and that one nerd block of otaku stores, but I wouldn't fly around the world to get it. Also their beef is supposedly killer.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 6, 2015,
I don't know if every person that watches anime is weird, but whenever I've encountered really weird people on the internet, they've always had an anime avatar.
Oh I have another thing to add, of my listeners on youtube, 80% are anime watchers, seeing them post my vids on google+ and RPing as anime characters, and seeing lolicons and generally weird people in chats I get invited to from fans is a daily thing, I no long join group chats with anime fans because of this.

The fans that invite me to the chat usually apologize profusely and seemed like a normal and nice people, but the fandom is full of unsavory people.

Also I'm an elitist and hate most things people like, or find most things mediocre.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 6, 2015,
The real question is how can some people watch anime on more than a casual basis and not be weird af?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The real question is how can some people watch anime on more than a casual basis and not be weird af?

I'm down with this sentiment. The amount of a social life I have is directly related to the amount of time I do stuff that has nothing to do with anime.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Watching anime is cool you get to watch interesting settings and stories in 20 minute chunks fuck these stupid western dramas with their 40 minute inefficient long episodes

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It's because they're all autistic to some degree.

Quote by pbiggie
I'll bet all my savings this is in Perth.

I didn't watch more than 10 seconds but it did look a bit like Perth.
That's like asking why 99.9% of girls who like horses smell and act weird most of the time.

There are just some things which are unexplainable by science.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
I lived with a big anime fan last year, and because I didn't like some weird-ass Dragonball Z shit he made us watch he didn't talk to me for two weeks and actually moved out without saying a word to me.
Quote by BelowTheSun
I lived with a big anime fan last year, and because I didn't like some weird-ass Dragonball Z shit he made us watch he didn't talk to me for two weeks and actually moved out without saying a word to me.

In a way, that's really rude. On the other hand, it's pretty much the ideal result.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Weird people are drawn to anime because more widely accessible media isn't weird enough to suit their tastes. Then they become absorbed in a subculture of fans, which makes them believe that their hobby is not that unusual and get defensive when questioned.
I dunno, autism/ass burgers probably.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
when a hobby is your main personality trait, that's when things get weird
Everyone in Japan that watches cartoons must be weird then.
Anime just means animation.
You see, different places in the world use different languages.
The one used in Japan is conveniently called Japanese. In this Japanese language anime is the word that means animation
I kinda liked that one that did the middle finger.
I guess that's a cosplayers version of being a bad girl
Quote by JustRooster

Anime belongs in the trash.

ayyyyyy crushin it
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
As a recovered Ani-tard (ages 5-14), I can tell you exactly why these people are so god damn weird. See, most of these japanophiles start off as extremely socially awkward kids that have no friends (at least none that are also japanophiles), so they seek refuge and comfort in a form of art that is in general, just fucking weird like they are. It fills all the holes in their social life, wild, wacky, super loyal friends, cute girls/guys that like weird nerds, the good guy/girl (who is a super nerd highschooler like them) always wins, adventure, personal growth, etc.

Then after a few years of watching nothing but "super happy fun time everyone is accepted anime" these people just can't disconnect themselves from anime as their only source of happiness and acceptance so they start envisioning themselves and their environment as an anime to help cope with the fact that they are weirdos and that they feel the world should be more like the anime and the characters they are fond of.

Of course this doesn't go for the whole supposed percentage of 99.9%, but I think it would be safe to say that good portion of them do indeed act this way.
Last edited by derpdragon at Nov 6, 2015,
Quote by derpdragon
As a recovered Ani-tard (ages 5-14),

real talk, adding "-tard" to the end of words is waaay cringier than anime junkies
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
How can you tell if someone's into anime?

Doesn't matter. They'll tell you..
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 5