Hello. I have a squier standard stratocaster. I installed a seymour duncan jb jr to bridge position. The problem is that it has no power, low volume... stock single coils are much louder and stronger. I soldered red and white together, black to switch, green and braid to ground. I allso tried the green to swich and black to ground. Doesnt work as i hoped. Allso i cannot solder the tone control to bridge because this guitar has unusual 7 soldering pins instead 8 on 5 way swich. Can you help me?
good choice on the jb jr.

which tone control do you want for your bridge? this is a really easy modification , usually bridge/neck I do for one tone if i kept the standard tone controls. But all my strats I wire up I use a classic tone and a fender greasebucket and a 7 way mod (uses the outer 2 or all 3 pickups which strats cannot do). it's surprisingly cheap to do too.

remember with import 5 way selectors the pattern never changes

seeing as there is 7 what they do is just make it one common (0) which activates the entire switch instead of just half. For basic to intermediate wirings they work just fine. So any time you see a common solder to 0, just like pots you can have more than one wire soldered to a common.

for the pickup remember height plays a major role in it. This could be why you're having issues. If not perhaps a cold solder or it's touching something
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Nov 6, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13
good choice on the jb jr.

which tone control do you want for your bridge? this is a really easy modification , usually bridge/neck I do for one tone if i kept the standard tone controls. But all my strats I wire up I use a classic tone and a fender greasebucket and a 7 way mod (uses the outer 2 or all 3 pickups which strats cannot do). it's surprisingly cheap to do too.

remember with import 5 way selectors the pattern never changes

seeing as there is 7 what they do is just make it one common (0) which activates the entire switch instead of just half. For basic to intermediate wirings they work just fine. So any time you see a common solder to 0, just like pots you can have more than one wire soldered to a common.

for the pickup remember height plays a major role in it. This could be why you're having issues. If not perhaps a cold solder or it's touching something

So how do i achieve tone control for bridge and middle together?