Hello all. I recently purchased my first electronic drumset and the only major problem I encountered with it is that the bass drum pedal keeps doing double hits almost every time I hit it. It feels really bouncy coming off from the pad and keeps striking it more than once when I don't want it to. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks everyone
If its a mesh head, adjust the tension on it to be loosed and less bouncy. If it's rubber, adjust the springs on your pedal to be less bouncy.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The head is rubber. I adjusted the tension as tight as I could get it and it is still doing some double hits (tightening the tension maybe cut the double hits in half.) Is there anything else that I can do to eliminate the double hits or is it more to do with my technique (I do have a tendency to bury the beater so I am wondering if that is what's causing the double hits?)
Quote by derekmichael
The head is rubber. I adjusted the tension as tight as I could get it and it is still doing some double hits (tightening the tension maybe cut the double hits in half.) Is there anything else that I can do to eliminate the double hits or is it more to do with my technique (I do have a tendency to bury the beater so I am wondering if that is what's causing the double hits?)

Likely technique at this point, then. Burying the beater can definitely be a source of double hits on an electric kit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com