I like the chord progressions and riffs from post-hardcore songs, but I hate the whiny high pitched vocals they have and all the random growls. Are there any good post/hardcore bands that don't have annoying vocals? The only band I've been able to find so far that didn't have annoying vocals was my chemical romance in their first album (the stuff after that wasn't as hard). Do you know any similar bands?

Edit: I hate escape the fate, falling in reverse, bring me the horizon etc.
Last edited by Wildspark at Nov 6, 2015,
Poison the Well's later material was more post-hardcore than their earlier stuff. Their earlier stuff was more metallic hardcore. But if you check out "Versions" and "The Tropical Rot" albums, then those have a good post-hardcore feel to them.

You can also check out:
Lower Definition
Departures
Vestiges

"Funeral for a Friend" is a little bit of a grab bag. Their albums have many different styles across them but their newer material has many post-hardcore influences. "Welcome Home Armageddon" and later albums should cover you there.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Wildspark
I like the chord progressions and riffs from post-hardcore songs, but I hate the whiny high pitched vocals they have and all the random growls. Are there any good post/hardcore bands that don't have annoying vocals? The only band I've been able to find so far that didn't have annoying vocals was my chemical romance in their first album (the stuff after that wasn't as hard). Do you know any similar bands?

Edit: I hate escape the fate, falling in reverse, bring me the horizon etc.

Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
f*cking
Florence & Normandie
Custom-Built Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Orange Rockerverb 50 Combo
Quote by Mayge
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
f*cking
Florence & Normandie

Emo? Indie? Not post-hardcore at all?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by Mayge
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
f*cking
Florence & Normandie

Can't find them. Could you post a link?

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.
Quote by Wildspark
Can't find them. Could you post a link?

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.

They are on bandcamp. Not even close to being what you are looking for mind you. Unless you want to listen to an emo indie band.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
They are on bandcamp. Not even close to being what you are looking for mind you. Unless you want to listen to an emo indie band.

Never mind then
Quote by Mayge
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
Florence & Normandie
f*cking
Florence & Normandie

Hey, thanks!
Quote by CherokeShredder
Would Alesana, Fugazi, Underoath, Senses Fail, or Chiodos work for ya, by any chance?

Only band on that list that is post hardcore is Fugazi

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

I had to actually Google that crap because I hardly listen to the genre. My bad. ...also, some of the bands call themselves post hardcore
Quote by CherokeShredder
I had to actually Google that crap because I hardly listen to the genre. My bad. ...also, some of the bands call themselves post hardcore

I mean, more power to them, but when you are as anal as I am about proper classification of things (I am a chemist... it is my job) I can go a little overboard. This is not one of those cases though

Thrice, Thursday, Funeral for a Friend, Hopesfall, Lower Definition, Saints Never Surrender, Vestiges, Departures, Alexisonefire are all some good Post-Hardcore variations. You can get a feel for how broad the style can get but they all have some common elements that you can hear throughout them.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
Only band on that list that is post hardcore is Fugazi

I would say all of those other bands could or would fit the bill of post-hardcore at at least some point in their careers, surely. Granted, they largely fit into the more poppy, more scene realm of the genre and wouldn't necessarily be the best or even good in the case of a couple.

As for recs, I'd say Glassjaw, Million Dead, At The Drive-In, Bear vs Shark, Defeater (sort of, and I only really recommend their first 3 releases), La Dispute (their first two LPs), Birds in Row, Shellac, Unwound, Fugazi, Touche Amore, Drive Like Jehu, and Breach are all great bands to look at. It's a wide spectrum of sounds and post-hardcore is definitely one of my favorite punk sub-genres.
Last edited by Million Dead at Jan 24, 2016,
Thrice, eh? Never really took em for post-hardcore, but again, lack of knowledge in the subject. Fugazi, I definitely remembered, was something to that effect, so whoo hoo! Got ONE right xD
Pierce doesn't have too screamy vocals, Pierce the Veil that is. Chunk! No Captain Chunk! is good too. Also try Silverstein, hope you like them!
I cant start a new thread, because I just made a profile (have been using for years, though)- Could someone PLEASE make a tab for "Untitled" by Knuckle Puck?
Quote by moses132049
my top 3 are dance gavin dance, hail the sun, and stolas. if youre picky about screamed vocals you might like hail the sun the most

Been a while since someone actually made good Post-Hardcore recommendations. Good on you sir!

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Check out Envy On The Coast! They broke up like 6 years ago but their music is tight. Lead singer has been playing some of their songs with his new band lately. From Long Island, NY. Had the chance to attend their second to last show. They rocked so hard, wish they still made music.

Also, this is more of an alt rock/emo band, but Brand New is incredible. Their most recent album Daisy I'd say could be called post hardcore
Quote by Million Dead
...La Dispute (their first two LPs)...

Yup. Amazingly good. (See them live!)

I think the OP wanted non-annoying vocals and La Dispute is about as whiney as they come, but in a good way, IMHO. Spoken word and screamo mixed but great.
Check out MOSS ICON
what if all we ever get is each other?

schoollife.bandcamp.com

thehousingglow.bandcamp.com

killthebats.bandcamp.com
Shit dude, I don't know what to call them by technical definition... however I feel that the classifying them as "awesome" will suffice for now. They definitely have an Alexisonfire feel to them so I would stick them into the Post-Hardcore realm in some manner or another.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Thrice
Hot Water Music
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Quote by Of_Wolves
The singer of Black Peaks is a sight to behold live. See them if you can. Seriously.

So good.

Spot on. And do it as soon as possible while they still play small venues.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

let's see.

thrice . were difinitely post-hardcore in their - "identity crisis" "illusion of safety" "artist in the ambulance" "vheissu" - era.

alexisonfire . are very good. some of their older stuff.

at the drive-in. "relationship of command" stuff.

drive like jehu. kinda godfathers.

snapcase. they were addressed as hardcore new school those days. I'd see them as a band between hardcore and post. by the way they are fucking awesome and you should listen them otherwise you're missing out THE band.

fugazi. fucked up. got ambushed. zipped in.

dufresne. from italy. kinda screamy late 00s. but "Atlantic" highly recommended.

hot water music. I mean. Chuck Ragan voice. enough said.

as friends rust. more on the emocore vibes. but don't think at all that mascara shit. highly underrated.

grade. see above. repeat.

hopesfall. first two ep.

boysetsfire. split with snapcase.

being as an ocean. I'm old I'm boring. but among new bands they got some tones.

Have I already pointed out Snapcase?
what are you waiting for?
search "progression throuhg unlearning" "designs for automotion" "end transmissions" "bright flashes". buy. buy. buy. buy.

this is the real post-hardcore and beyond.
for mascara, ask for Adam Lazzara.
Quote by Blayney
I'm sure genre-aficianados will be along to tell me I'm wrong, but they describe themselves as Progressive Post Hardcore and quite frankly everyone should be listening to them. Black Peaks.

3rM8j0Ir8dQ

I could always address myself as BBC but at the end of the day tiny weenie is still there.
ENVY

omg envy is my one true post-hardcore love. I'm not usually into this stuff. They bring real emotion to the chaos. They're Japanese if your confused by why you have no idea what they're saying. I don't think it really matters:

Quote by centravanti
I could always address myself as BBC but at the end of the day tiny weenie is still there.

Yeah but does your weenie sound like Black Peaks!?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Wildspark

It Prevails:

For the Fallen Dreams

Oceana

If youre into these guys, I have more stuff like it. I'm stuck in 2006-2010 so I don't really have anything current but if anyone has similiar recommendations hook a brotha up