Black Student Going on Hunger Strike to get a Missouri University President Fired

Page 1 of 3
Cliffs:

- Black students unhappy about lack of action taken by College President in response to racist acts
- Bro decides he's gonna not eat and let his internal organs fail if President is not fired

http://mic.com/articles/127914/why-a-black-student-is-going-on-hunger-strike-to-get-a-missouri-college-president-fired

I didn't read most of it, but damn. He will quit. The family isn't gonna let him kill himself, and fuk this ghey Earth if something like this gets a man fired (even if he isn't doing a good job, don't know, didn't read)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by sam b
stop

wun sen
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Why are you against their protest?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dreadnought
Hunger strikes are hilarious

Mr. Gandhi used them to pretty good effect.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33669611
Mr. Gandhi used them to pretty good effect.

Never heard of him
My God, it's full of stars!
Oh gee I actually saw those guys camping outside yesterday morning on my way to class. I had no idea what they were protesting but at least I know now.
Quote by k.lainad
Cliffs:

- Black students unhappy about lack of action taken by College President in response to racist acts
- Bro decides he's gonna not eat and let his internal organs fail if President is not fired

http://mic.com/articles/127914/why-a-black-student-is-going-on-hunger-strike-to-get-a-missouri-college-president-fired

I didn't read most of it, but damn. He will quit. The family isn't gonna let him kill himself, and fuk this ghey Earth if something like this gets a man fired (even if he isn't doing a good job, don't know, didn't read)

There's been a lot of questionable things going on campus including the student president having the N word yelled at him and someone drawing swastikas all of the dormitories and the officials have barely done anything in response to it.
There's a number of politically incorrect jokes to be made here
black people, africa, hunger etc etc
I have nothing important to say
hunger strikes are so dramatic
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
there's a joke about Ethiopia in here somewhere
Check out my band Disturbed
White girls starve themselves every day trying to compete with the unattainable image of beauty put forth by our media.

#YesAllHungerStrikes
"͚̹͕̘̘͎ͬ̉̉́̚͘f̷͓͇̍ͩͨ̂͒́̓͢u̶͒́̏ͪͮ̈͋҉̺͔̙́kͥ͂͛͜͜͏͔̲̥͈̳ ͉ͣͯ̽ͮ̉̾ͯ͟͡ţ̴͇̯͖̲̱͐͐̂̀̚h̜̗̜͕̖̼̉̋̍ͧͅi̦͈͙̼̹͖̝ͧͫͫͭͦ̈̍̚s̘͇̞̃ ̸͖̩͙̭̟̝̲̻͌͘ͅg̦͖̲̻̫̳̔͢͡ḥ̰̻̼͔̪͈̼̂̍ͫ͂̋̃͟e̢̼̣ͦ͒̑͑̄͂ͦ̕y̡̤͔̺̳̫͙͆̽ͫͬͭͤ ͨ҉̛̻e̲͂ͯả̶̗͇̘̂̌͘r͖̣͈̗ͯ͂ť̸̷̗̭͙͋̆̏ͪ̓̏ͫ̀h̨̗̞͔̞̱̦̺̑̽̾͟"̥̪̓ͨͮ͗̑ͧ͛
Trying to get someone fired with a hunger strike is a pretty asshole thing to do
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Having a hunger strike is usually pretty dumb anyway,

As soon as the guy collapses as a result of starvation, he'll be loaded into an Ambulance and have a tube inserted in him so they can feed him.

Isn't science amazing?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Skullivan
White girls starve themselves every day trying to compete with the unattainable image of beauty put forth by our media.

#YesAllHungerStrikes

#troof

Our media is a pretty good judge of beauty though.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
apparently now the black members of the football team are boycotting football until the guy gets fired

pretty interesting stuff
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Im from missouri
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Please someone else agree with me that hunger strikes are ridiculous
A couple of my teachers also cancelled class today in protest. Oh well day off I guess.
Quote by WaterGod
A couple of my teachers also cancelled class today in protest. Oh well day off I guess.

Is this on the front of everybody's minds or is it more like a thing that's just kinda happening and is worth mentioning only in passing conversation?
Quote by Dreadnought

I was thinking about this idea at work yesterday. Sure, folks can play the Gandhi card to legitimize issues that are very different from British colonialism, but it's a very selfish act in the end. The entire essence of a hunger strike is to tell people this, "If you don't do things my way, I'm going to kill myself. You wouldn't want me dead and to have that on your conscience, would you?" It's hard, for me, to view anyone with a slither of respect after they demonstrate such notions. You can't just go through life with that attitude (for very long at least).

You can symbolically align yourself with famous world figures who have played the same game so that your narcissism is fully sated, but it doesn't make you a historical figure at the end of the day. You're just another blip on the newsreel, another tweet, another "like". How fuckin' sad.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by Zaphikh
I was thinking about this idea at work yesterday. Sure, folks can play the Gandhi card to legitimize issues that are very different from British colonialism, but it's a very selfish act in the end. The entire essence of a hunger strike is to tell people this, "If you don't do things my way, I'm going to kill myself. You wouldn't want me dead and to have that on your conscience, would you?" It's hard, for me, to view anyone with a slither of respect after they demonstrate such notions. You can't just go through life with that attitude (for very long at least).

You can symbolically align yourself with famous world figures who have played the same game so that your narcissism is fully sated, but it doesn't make you a historical figure at the end of the day. You're just another blip on the newsreel, another tweet, another "like". How fuckin' sad.

Yes it does.
Quote by Dreadnought
Is this on the front of everybody's minds or is it more like a thing that's just kinda happening and is worth mentioning only in passing conversation?

Here's what my campus looks like right now.

Quote by Dreadnought
Hunger strikes are hilarious

It's strange, isn't it, that it's the same as holding your breath except it's legitimate?
Free Ali
Free Lard
So Butler was upset with Wolfe's inaction after 3 racist incidents that mostly consisted of using the word niggr, so he and his coalition confront him about it. Wolfe has no solutions to stop individual racism and now this hunger strike has cost Wolfe his job.

i admire the attempt to do something about the racism on a campus that is 77% white and 7% black. But im not exactly sure what they wanted Wolfe to do? Hire more racism police to catch every single person who utters a slur? The shittiness of white racist students effectively cost Wolfe his job, which i dont know if i can agree with. Granted, Wolfe's held high up admin positions at 4 different colleges since 2012 so there may well be something behind the scenes this article isn't revealing, but on the surface, i think this whole thing is a little extreme. Also, Zaphikh is right about hunger strikes. You want something done about an HR issue? Okay, organize yourselves (which they did), come up with a plan (don't think they did), present it to your administration (pretty sure they didn't) and go from there. Not plop down and starve yourself until a man you don't like is fired or resigns.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Dreadnought

It's a ridiculous form of blackmail. Effective though. No-one would have ignored this kid's demands. If he did die, the college president would have been subject to accusations of being a racist, letting a poor black kid die. It's low level terrorism, really.
Page 1 of 3