Hey everyone. I have an amplifier and one of the resistors are broken. I looked up the color code and it says it's a 120 Mohm Resistor with 10% something because the silver end? I have been searching high and low far and wide and haven't been able to find one I can buy online anywhere. Any one able to help? It would be greatly appreciated and put me back ready to rock
I don't know the most about electronics (particularly in terms of tube amps) but thats a really high value, and I've done a quick search of farnell and a couple other online retailers and I can't find anything. Can you find a schematic for your amp? Resistor bands are notoriously hard to read (especially if you're colour blind like me).

Edit: the 10% is the tolerance, and that's a fairly standard value, smaller tolerances get more expensive.
Last edited by doubtfulsalmon at Nov 6, 2015,
120 MEG resistor?
Double and triple check the bands.
That's an insanely high value.
Brown - Red - Violet - Silver would be 120 Megs

Sometimes green and blue can hard to distinguish.
Same with Brown and Red sometimes.

Go look here to be sure:
http://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code-4-band

Or post a GOOD, CLEAR picture of it.

And whats the amp? Brand name and model.
Where is the resistor? (pics of the resistor and the amps circuitry PCB, etc. would be helpful.

I don't think I've ever even seen a 120 Meg resistor.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 6, 2015,
Same. It's hard enough to get 10M resistors, I can't recall ever having seen a 120M one either.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The color looks to be BROWN RED VIOLET SILVER. Its position R25 on a Trace Elliot GP12SMX. I will try to find the schematic
You sure that's the right value? I'm an entry level Electrical Engineer (so I'm not that smart) and I've never seen a resistor that high. I'm not even sure they exist on the common market.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch