This is an over night project I just completed. I had an SG-400 I wanted to shield and figured I'd have some fun. The original concept was to add a piezo transducer pickup to it for acoustic tones but I think the aluminum foil shielding caused problems so I made this into something I'd much rather in a SG. I never ever use aluminum but I found a roll on the side of the road walking somewhere made by 3M (like 150ft) and have seen guys use it before in their guitars so I figured I'd give it a go.

the pickups were just ones in my drawer , I bought the guitar to flip it honestly as epiphones are pretty easy to sell depending on the model as I'm not an Epiphone / Gibson fan this will be easy to let go. I bought it because it was dirt cheap and to actually try out this harness. My advice on this harness is simple ... use hot pickups for a higher contrast on all 3 effects.

master volume - A500K
tone - a classic tone knob - 0.047uf
fender greasebucket mod (bass cut , clarity knob ... google it)
torres mid scoop / boost
kept the selector and input jack as is

If I was to keep the guitar I'd drill the holes to 10mm for the tuners, much higher output pickups and those 4 push pulls and perhaps a roller tuneomatic or something and a graphtech tusq nut. All in all though it sounds pretty good and the harness is way more useful than what it was in my eyes.

Last edited by Tallwood13 at Nov 6, 2015,