Good day. Help me please. I bought a new speaker Selestion Vintage 30 at one of the stores in Russia. There were doubts about the authenticity. Nowhere is it found what it AA16 on the label. If you take information from the site of the speaker produced in 1968, but it is new. How can this be? Could it be fake? I am hope for your help. Thank you.

photos in my facebook album

https://www.facebook.com/kostia.popow/media_set?set=a.880285795382168.1073741826.100002022678058&type=3
If there were doubts on the authenticity, why did you buy it?

I would contact the person who sold it to you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
If there were doubts on the authenticity, why did you buy it?

I would contact the person who sold it to you.

The fact that I am not a "power user " . I bought it and played . Then a friend of mine who is well versed listened and said that the sound is not right . That began to find out.

What do you think about the speaker ? fake?
If it says Selestion then it is a deff fake, because it is Celestion.

Can you post any pictures of it so we can see what the speaker really looks like?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If it says Selestion then it is a deff fake, because it is Celestion.

Can you post any pictures of it so we can see what the speaker really looks like?

I'm sorry it's my typo. it's Celestion. I can't upload photo because it's big size.

https://www.facebook.com/kostia.popow my facebook profile. Photos in last post on my wall. You can view?
Do you have an imgur account or photobucket? You can upload using that, but many of us (myself included) may not use Facebook. I can't see the pictures.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Looks like a legit v30 to me. Can you do a recording of your sound for us to listen to?

What guitar amp are you using? And what is your speaker / cab configuration? Are you using it as a 1x12 with the v30? Or is it in a cab mixed with other speakers?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
Looks like a legit v30 to me. Can you do a recording of your sound for us to listen to?

What guitar amp are you using? And what is your speaker / cab configuration? Are you using it as a 1x12 with the v30? Or is it in a cab mixed with other speakers?

Where to upload samples? I use AMT StoneHead. Cab 2x12 with Legend 128. There are three ways to connect to the guitar cabinet. Solo Celestion, solo Legend and together.
Quote by Gikar
Where to upload samples? I use AMT StoneHead. Cab 2x12 with Legend 128. There are three ways to connect to the guitar cabinet. Solo Celestion, solo Legend and together.

So if you play solo through your legend and then solo through your v30, does there seem to be something noticeably wrong to YOU? Your friend just might not like the high mid spikeyness of the v30.

What kind of music are you playing? Are you using mostly hi gain tones or cleans? V30s are typically more used for hi gain sounds. A lot of people dont like them for cleaner stuff, but Ive never minded their clean sounds.

If you want to upload a sound sample, you can put it on Soundcloud, youtube or really any online service that lets you host an mp3
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
So if you play solo through your legend and then solo through your v30, does there seem to be something noticeably wrong to YOU? Your friend just might not like the high mid spikeyness of the v30.

What kind of music are you playing? Are you using mostly hi gain tones or cleans? V30s are typically more used for hi gain sounds. A lot of people dont like them for cleaner stuff, but Ive never minded their clean sounds.

If you want to upload a sound sample, you can put it on Soundcloud, youtube or really any online service that lets you host an mp3

My friend likes to v30. He has a 2x12 guitar cabinet with v30. But when he listened to the sound of my v30 he did not like. We started to check my speaker on the authenticity and seek information on the Internet. All that we've found this 1968 release. It's not even a sound. I want to understand whether it is a genuine speaker on the basis of its appearance, and serial number. tnx =)

Using mostly hi gain.
Vintage 30 was first released in 1986, not 1968.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
AA16 might be an indicator of it's impedance as opposed to a manufacture date.

It looks real, your friend is probably just expecting it to sound like his own which are already broken in.

What kind of store did you buy it from? is it like a reputable/trustworthy chain store or just some random online store or something?
Quote by diabolical
Play it at louder volumes for a few days and it will settle into its sound.

Why not email the manufacturer?

I have already written to the manufacturer but there is no answer.
Quote by rickyj
AA16 might be an indicator of it's impedance as opposed to a manufacture date.

It looks real, your friend is probably just expecting it to sound like his own which are already broken in.

What kind of store did you buy it from? is it like a reputable/trustworthy chain store or just some random online store or something?

Look at sticker photo "8ohm AA16"
AA16 is the date code, 2014 was Z in celestial dating, so they started back at A again.

AA16 in modern coding means 16th of January 2015

The first letter is the month, second is the year
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Yeah, I think you just need to break it in TS. Play loud and constant for a couple days, I mean really sick the power to it, that loosen up the cone and it will sound as it should.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Pretty sure there are NO fake modern celestions around. They are not valuable enough for people to bother making fakes of them.

I have only ever seen attempts at faking the 1960's "pre-rola" speakers because they can have a high collector value.

The stamping formats shown on the celestion website are not always correct so dont take them as gospel. There are actually quite a lot of errors on that old Celestion chart. That is why I re-wrote one for my own website:

http://www.bygonetones.com/celestion-date-codes.html

AA is very likely to be Jan 2015, or could also be Jan 1991:

Sounds funny? Firstly make sure it is wired up correctly, and then give it some playing in time.
Bygone Tones
Vintage Guitar Speakers & Cabinets
Last edited by bygone_tones at Nov 9, 2015,