Page 1 of 2
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by chico_bento666
I would pay to never to have to interact with somenone irl again

For a million dollars, I'll never interact with you again*

*Subject to the funds clearing, though technically you'd be interacting with my solicitor
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I took a class on sociology of age/aging and it was the saddest class I ever took

so many studies involving ethnographic data and interviews with old people talking about how dead they already feel to their families and the system

omg there was this one article we had to read that was about these two old people, a dude and a lady, in a care home with alzheimer's that were dating. they would eat all their meals together and spend the day playing songs together on the piano. the staff thought they were cute and good influences on each other's health so they felt no need to intervene. this went on for years. then the dude's son walked in on his dad and dad's gf getting it on one day and threw a huge fit and said that his father was too old to be fornicating and that this lady was just trying to take his inheritance. despite the many efforts of the care home and the lady's daughter, who was happy about the relationship, the dude's son forced his father to leave and join a different home. they never saw each other again. within a month, the lady lost 20 lbs, was severely depressed and wouldn't leave her room, and it was very difficult to communicate to her why this happened because of her alzheimer's. the dude died shortly after.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I took a class on sociology of age/aging and it was the saddest class I ever took

so many studies involving ethnographic data and interviews with old people talking about how dead they already feel to their families and the system

omg there was this one article we had to read that was about these two old people, a dude and a lady, in a care home with alzheimer's that were dating. they would eat all their meals together and spend the day playing songs together on the piano. the staff thought they were cute and good influences on each other's health so they felt no need to intervene. this went on for years. then the dude's son walked in on his dad and dad's gf getting it on one day and threw a huge fit and said that his father was too old to be fornicating and that this lady was just trying to take his inheritance. despite the many efforts of the care home and the lady's daughter, who was happy about the relationship, the dude's son forced his father to leave and join a different home. they never saw each other again. within a month, the lady lost 20 lbs, was severely depressed and wouldn't leave her room, and it was very difficult to communicate to her why this happened because of her alzheimer's. the dude died shortly after.

that's horrible
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by vintage x metal

This is like a more steamy The Notebook
i feel like the internet (or whatever renders it obsolete) has a lot of potential to help with this now and in the future
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Tbh if I'm any milestick to go by, most of us barely leave our rooms anyway.

This is worth looking at - I saw it yesterday. Shows the frustration between the elderly in care (particularly those with dementia) and the nurses who are for them, as well as interrogating the viewer about freedoms; particularly due to how unhappy and confused the patients get by the constant moving of rooms, care homes, etc and the way it further aggravates their illness.

tl;dr bad feels

https://vimeo.com/93374689
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
My grandma is in the nursing home with dementia and it's pretty terrible.

She's "in there" and you can tell she understands what's going on, but when it comes to communicating, she just can't keep thoughts together long enough to make any sense. I stop by to see her far too infrequently, but it's just such a depressing place, and her condition and frailty don't make it any less so.

I stopped in there recently because I had heard that the place got investigated for mistreatment of a patient and I'm not about to tolerate that. Everything was fine with her, though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by vintage x metal

I just met my nan (alzheimer's) in a care home an hour ago. I was due to leave the care home after visiting her and she got it into her head that she was coming with us. In situations like this, it's easier to make a swift exit after wishing her goodbye because even though it seems mean, it is less stressful on her because she isn't so much upset that I've left but more confused. Trying to explain to her why I'm leaving and that she's staying there is pointless because she gets extremely upset and 2 minutes later, she forgets that I even visited her in the first place. So all the grief ends up being for nothing as she's already forgotten what I explained. I don't feel good about running off to the door lock before she catches up to me, but I cannot think of a better alternative.

On the way out of the building after passing through the locked doors, I could hear her banging on the door and calling my name.

And now I am welcomed with this anecdote that you've just posted.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 7, 2015,
I don't want to live long enough to be like these people, let alone read about them.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
My last living grandparent is currently trapped in her own house, bound to a bed that she couldn't move from if she tried, slowly losing herself to dementia. We'd intervene, but due to a legal tussle, my aunt wont let us.

So.

Yeah, I deal with that every so often.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't want to live long enough to be like these people, let alone read about them.

aging is real and you will go through this
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Both of my grandparents (never really knew the ones on my dad's side, they died when I was young) died a few years back. I dont think they were ever lonely though, me and my family visited frequently. Must be horrible to be alone all of the time.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by vintage x metal
What about those of us who already feel like 60 years old?

Because asides from the constant tiredness, aching and general grumpiness, sometimes the only reason I know whether I've showered or not is because I'm wearing the towel five minutes after

plus once I squeezed hand soap onto my toothbrush and there's got to be /something/ wrong going on up there
Quote by Banjocal
What about those of us who already feel like 60 years old?

Because asides from the constant tiredness, aching and general grumpiness, sometimes the only reason I know whether I've showered or not is because I'm wearing the towel five minutes after

plus once I squeezed hand soap onto my toothbrush and there's got to be /something/ wrong going on up there

aging is real and you are going through this

I have always felt pretty old tbh and you don't have to be old at all to look old in a college town.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal at #33671289

Not if I ride my motorcycle full speed around dead man's curve on my 45th birthday.

smell ya l8er squares
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Not if I ride my motorcycle full speed around dead man's curve on my 45th birthday.

smell ya l8er squares

what if you have kids
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Ugh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
my all 4 of my grandparents died before I turned like 2 years old.

srs i have no connection with any of them.

but i have great relationship with my parents, and I plan on taking care of them when they get "old"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ErikLensherr
Ugh

Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by k.lainad
my all 4 of my grandparents died before I turned like 2 years old.

srs i have no connection with any of them.

but i have great relationship with my parents, and I plan on taking care of them when they get "old"

By 'taking care of them', do you mean:

taking them into your home
putting them in a good care home and visiting regularly
smothering them with a pillow?
Quote by Diemon Dave
>taking care of people
what communist nonsense is this
Quote by vintage x metal
what if you have kids

Easy. Take them out with you.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Banjocal
>taking care of people

Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Banjocal
>taking care of people

well when you put it like that da, it does sound p Mob Rules
Quote by eGraham
Easy. Take them out with you.

Badass ErikLensherr, 45, Found Dead on Side of Road with 3 Young Children in Successful Suicide Attempt

Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Badass ErikLensherr, 45, Found Dead on Side of Road with 3 Young Children in Successful Suicide Attempt

why would he care when he's dead
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by ErikLensherr

I can have this arranged, GG92 HMU.
Free Ali
omg
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

My dad's mom died when he was 7, grandpa I never really got to know because his wife was a bitch, who'd threaten to kill herself if he left her, so he'd deal with her shit, he'd always have a cowboy hat. At his funeral a man in a service (formal military attire?) gave a speech about how when he was a kid he'd always take him fishing even though gramps knew they wouldn't catch shit, didn't hear much else above his crying. Appearently I missed out. But he didn't die alone.

On my mom's side the grandpa was pretty cool guy, he'd play with us kids, be cool, didn't have much, lived with us for a few months, but I didn't mind having him around. He was apparently a shitty father though, never around, but he was there for his grand kids. No idea where he died or if he was with anyone, I assume he lived alone. My grandma I didn't get to know too well until her later years and her battle with cancer, she died in my parents house because my mom wouldn't put her in a home and was the only one of her 3 sisters (my mom's a nurse too) who could deal with it, it somewhat affected me watching someone go through the whole process of dying, talking in the sleep, saying the names of dead people like they're having conversations, sometimes being the only one home to check on her to find she'd been too stubborn to call me to get her pills because she's having a hard time breathing. Tbh aside from grandpa my mom's side of the family is a bit crazy.

It's gonna be hell when I have to do the same for my parents.

Anyway I like being alone for the most part, but I'm young.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 7, 2015,
Sometimes i think our society purposely alienates the elderly so that the rest of us can ignore our inevitable fate.

Another thought i've had is that being old would probably suck a lot less if they would play video games.
Quote by Gantz92
Sometimes i think our society purposely alienates the elderly so that the rest of us can ignore our inevitable fate.

Another thought i've had is that being old would probably suck a lot less if they would play video games.
The West has, in general, a rather laughable set of attitudes towards death in my opinion. The far East have had a consistently more realistic and rational outlook even in their very most religious of works.

Though I would say that alienation is on purpose by the media most often (see: old hosts and their rarity relative to fresh nobodies, especially with women). Individuals are either iffy about the politics or feel discomfort in mortality, but I don't think much of that is a true and direct spurning like it is in business. Simply ignorant avoidance.
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 7, 2015,
Page 1 of 2