Hey guys

Im looking for a new amp for practice. I need to stay quiet so ideally want to use a headphone output. I was considering an orange tiny terror as all i need is the headphone out and its compact?

Was wondering what you guys suggest!
Do you need speaker volume at all? As in are you just using the headphones? You might just want a modeler amp, then. The Tiny Terror is okay if that is the sound you want but it is not really versatile at all. And I think it would be too much $$ for a beginner amp, I think you might would grow out of it.

Look into the VOX VT line (not the new VTX) and see if you like those amps. They are modelers and can help you learn what sounds you like and how to work with them. If you want higher gain, try something like the Peavey Vypyr series.
My TT did not come with a headphone out so unless they have changed it's not what you want. Awesome little Brit grit machines though. Have a look at Roland Micro-Cube. Small, lightweight and pretty good tone for a practice amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Will Lane
Do you need speaker volume at all? As in are you just using the headphones? You might just want a modeler amp, then. The Tiny Terror is okay if that is the sound you want but it is not really versatile at all. And I think it would be too much $$ for a beginner amp, I think you might would grow out of it.

Look into the VOX VT line (not the new VTX) and see if you like those amps. They are modelers and can help you learn what sounds you like and how to work with them. If you want higher gain, try something like the Peavey Vypyr series.

I dont really need a speaker, i dont like to make a noise and im not good so i dont like people hearing haha.

I play rock and pop punk stuff so mainly distorted kind of sounds! ill look at the suggested

Im happy to spend more on something that has future resale value
IF you just want to use head phones I think the Zoom G3 or G3X would work well in your case. I have 8 guitar amps and only use the Zoom at home now.

I've started recording with Zoom GX3. Wouldn't really recommend the pedal part to it (that may work for others tho).

Guitar>Zoom G3>PC>Reaper

Headphones plug into the Zoom

Its pretty cool
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
If you have a computer of this decade you might want to try a usb-interface with a modeling software such as Amplitube or Guitar Rig. Plenty of tones and sounds wicked with headphones. When you want to start recording you have just the gear to do so.
Quote by Marsden
Try the Orange Micro Terror.

I have a Micro Terror and almost mentioned that. It does have a headphones input on the front and is seriously LOUD compounded by the deception of it's size. (Loco)

Look at the Zoom or other multi effects. I haven't tried amplitude software so can't comment on that.
Quote by Marrowoflife
I have a Micro Terror and almost mentioned that. It does have a headphones input on the front and is seriously LOUD compounded by the deception of it's size. (Loco)

Look at the Zoom or other multi effects. I haven't tried amplitude software so can't comment on that.

can the micro run without cabinet load? i can get the terror and a small speaker for a decent price
Quote by blacknex
If you have a computer of this decade you might want to try a usb-interface with a modeling software such as Amplitube or Guitar Rig. Plenty of tones and sounds wicked with headphones. When you want to start recording you have just the gear to do so.

This. If you need to be quiet and don't want a speaker, this would be the best option imho. Endless variety of tones too, and sound way better than little practice amps.
I would attach a speaker otherwise you may fry the amp.
There are some rare cases where that is possible (Maybe?), but I don't have advice about that.
Quote by DanyFS
This. If you need to be quiet and don't want a speaker, this would be the best option imho. Endless variety of tones too, and sound way better than little practice amps.

How's it better than a multi EFX pedal? Not arguing BTW, you might be correct.
Quote by InfernoUk
Hey guys

Im looking for a new amp for practice. I need to stay quiet so ideally want to use a headphone output.

Used Line 6 Bass Pod XT http://line6.com/legacy/basspodxt/ :

Lots of amp/cab and FX models specifically for bass.

Or a used Pod X3 (which has all of the Bass PodXT bits and pieces.
The Tiny Terror is actually a very versatile amp but it is not meant to be played silent as you need speaker load. The Micro Terror I think is a solid state power amp so it might work without a load, look up the manual for it.

You might want to look into this which will be perfect for your needs:
http://laney.co.uk/products/product_details/170
Last edited by diabolical at Nov 7, 2015,