Waiter getting charged with Credit Card Fraud for boosting tip from $2 to $8

http://keyetv.com/news/local/georgetown-waiter-charged-with-unauthorized-boosting-of-meager-tip

A waiter at an IHOP in Georgetown who decided to boost his paltry tip after the customer left the restaurant has ordered up a big plate of trouble.

Richard Barfield is charged with credit card or debit card abuse for giving himself an unauthorized tip.

According to an affidavit, a woman and her family had dinner at the IHOP at 750 S. IH-35 in Georgetown on August 4, where the bill came to $33.76 including a $2.00 tip.

Two days later, the report says, the woman checked her account transactions and noticed the IHOP transaction totaled $39.76, which she did not authorize. Upon contacting the restaurant, it was discovered the transaction receipt shows an $8.00 tip, and the receipt on file is the customer's copy, not the merchant's copy.

The woman says she completed the merchant's copy, and states she did not authorize the $8.00 tip.

the wait staff is responsible for processing the payments for their tables, and that each member of the wait staff is assigned a user name and password for the register.

JUSTICE
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

something about tipping being dumb
- Everyone from Europe
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
somebody did thing
expected result happened
hooray
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Tipping is dumb

- Some guy from Canadiana
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
Tipping is dumb

- Some guy from Canadiana

fuck
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I went to that IHOP this morning

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Yeah, that's pretty obviously and rightfully credit card fraud. The fact that it was only a few dollars is irrelevant.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by eGraham
- Everyone from Europe

That's because a legal system which allows wait staff to be paid a pittance so they require to be tipped to make their wage up to the legal minimum is stupid.

Seriously, fuck that shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, that's pretty obviously and rightfully credit card fraud. The fact that it was only a few dollars is irrelevant.

exactly.

most people might call her a bish for making a big deal out of it.

but if i accidentally left a tab open at a bar, for example, and got charged like 30 bucks extra

i'd be pretty pissed, and would def. take action.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

just the tip?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
i've got an unauthorized tip for someone.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
it profiteth a waiter nothing to lose their job for one grand. but for six dollars?
it's all coming back

I tip when I feel that the waiter has been exceedingly pleasant to me, or has gone out of their way for my arbitrary desires. I don't believe that even average service is WORTH the pay waiters are usually given bar some of the more exclusive and/or speciality chains where pay is reasonable, and as such if a staff member does work hard, I give a shallow token of appreciation by means of a small tip.

Either way, the guy should be "stealing" from his employer, not his common man. If it was a mindless pushing of a wrong key then, well, I don't know how you could prove that.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 7, 2015,
Quote by CaptainCanti
$2 tip is ridiculous
bitch deserved it

yeh but thing is the costumer isn't getting shafted at all. it's really easy to sort out credit card issues. waiter's out a job though. because he stole. and he deserved it.
it's all coming back

Quote by CaptainCanti
$2 tip is ridiculous
bitch deserved it

who in their right mind pays more than a $4 tip at fking ihop? it's like mcdonlds of sit down restaurants.

are you fking kidding me, man?

the phaggot waiter wants more money he should look for a better job.

he's scum of the earth.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by CaptainCanti
$2 tip is ridiculous
bitch deserved it

Not if the meal was around $10. But I didn't read the article so I dunno how much the whole shabang was I mean, it's fucking IHOP. It's closer to McDonalds than an actual restaurant.

EDIT- Aight, $2 is a shit tip for a $30 meal. But you still, you can't just steal monies from peeps
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Nov 7, 2015,
I think charging him was a bit much for stealing six dollars, but he definitely should have been fired. They had the right to charge him though since the evidence was so blatant.
Quote by k.lainad
who in their right mind pays more than a $4 tip at fking ihop? it's like mcdonlds of sit down restaurants.

are you fking kidding me, man?

the phaggot waiter wants more money he should look for a better job.

he's scum of the earth.

also you're a piece of shit, omg
yeah I wouldn't press charges for that as the customer but the server definitely doesn't deserve to be in a position where he's dealing with customer's money, so he can go find a new job
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Kinda sad that someone would steal six bucks. Hopefully their sentence will reflect how arbitrary the amount is.

Quote by Banjocal
I tip when I feel that the waiter has been exceedingly pleasant to me, or has gone out of their way for my arbitrary desires. I don't believe that even average service is WORTH the pay waiters are usually given bar some of the more exclusive and/or speciality chains where pay is reasonable, and as such if a staff member does work hard, I give a shallow token of appreciation by means of a small tip.

What's "special"; take ya in the back and suck ya dick?

smallestviolin.jpg

Quote by k.lainad
the phaggot waiter

I'm genuinely reporting this now because it's getting on my nerves. Grow up.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 7, 2015,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Kinda sad that someone would steal six bucks. Hopefully their sentence will reflect how arbitrary the amount is.

$10 fine and $12 to the customer would be fair imo

I second the motion
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by eGraham
- Everyone from Europe

They're not wrong, you know. Considering how servers just expect the 10-15% tip is kind of crazy. Some of them aren't anything special at their job nor do they go out of their way to make the customer's experience better. Tipping isn't really my thing. I only do it to give my bill an even number when using a card.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

omg im so scared of a kid named ali who spams all my threads

go back to Pakistan

PHAGGOT
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

That escalated quickly
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Tipping is stupid. Just pay them a set wage ffs.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Pastafarian96
$10 fine and $12 to the customer would be fair imo

I second the motion

Yeah. I mean at most community service, right? It'd be crazy for them to see any jail time. Shit, I'd personally be happy to front the $6. Crazy.

Quote by k.lainad

go back to Pakistan

PHAGGOT

lol are you actually being a try hard at racism
Quote by k.lainad at #33671931

go back to Pakistan

PHAGGOT

This is no bueno. Also he's from Syria.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
So he got caught upping the tip.
I wonder if this was the first time he did this or has he been doing it for years?
And I'm sure other people have been arrested, charged, and convicted for less than $6.
What an idiot.

Damn restaurants should pay their employees a decent wage so tipping is more like a bonus for a job well done and you can go to the movies that night or something nice rather than the difference between living in a decent apartment/house or living in your car.

Also, a $2 tip for a $33 meal is cheap, That's fucking 6%.
Sounds like something my mom would do.
She's a cheap ass when it comes to tipping.
She will tip $2 for a $33 meal.
But I have also seen her tip $2 for a $20 meal.
That's still kinda low IMO.
It seems $2 is her standard tipping amount.
Quote by ErikLensherr
This is no bueno. Also he's from Syria.

I'm actually Egyptian, so he's off by a whole continent/region/language/ethnic group/race.
It's theft. Plain and simple. If someone grabbed that out of your pocket, you would be rightfully pissed off.
Quote by CodeMonk

Damn restaurants should pay their employees a decent wage so tipping is more like a bonus for a job well done

Old man CodeMonk is right.
Just pay the staff ffs.
And also, while we're at it, put the price with tax included on items in the shops.
Last edited by UltimateGuizar at Nov 8, 2015,