It could be religion, race, the width of noses. I'm not kidding about that last one. The Hutus and the other one ones , the tutus or something. Over there in Africa. Here at home it was Native Americans. To the south we got South American where the Spaniards killed a bunch of Native Americans and interbred with them to make Mexicans. They also got syphilis as a reward for their pillage I think they got gonorrhea to. Indians got smallpox and musket balls. Meanwhile the Europeans also got tobacco, potatoes and corn. The Indians got horses.

If I was a multibillionaire and super ultra smart. I would buy machine guns and cannons and hand grenades , sniper rifles M-16s etc. and lots and lots of ammunition. I would go back in time in my time machine. I would teach the Indians guerrilla warfare and how to use the weapons. I would also tell them about smallpox and how to avoid it.

And of course. Forget the Holocaust that was a good one. That was a religious one mainly I think. The Spanish Inquisition! Sort of a genocide killing people because they weren't religious or were weird or both. The rack!
Last edited by yope at Nov 7, 2015,
I know this is a yope thread but

are we really obsessed so much as we dwell on the most immediate ones, particularly those which we can collectively say "shit, that was bad" of? Plenty of genocides are ignored or forgotten, particularly those around the establishment of certain nations. I would argue that people, generally, don't care about them. If fact, in the historical abstraction that we are currently taught in, I would argue that people in general care little for those who died in Iraq let alone those who die in their direct vicinity.

People are so far removed that the current social convention is to briefly comment on how "awful" it is, and then do absolutely NOTHING about it. If you were to walk through the city with a torch and ask for a true man of principle and dignity they would respond just as they did 2500 years ago.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Hutus and the Tutsi's.

And the reason iiiisss... the herd mentality cant form enough intelligence to do anything else, possibly.

Who even knows.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by yope
Meanwhile the Europeans also got tobacco, potatoes and corn.

Honestly, it was worth it just for the potatoes, let alone the tobacco. Now I can light up a cig while sitting on an old potato storage barrel, thinking about the many uses of potato.

Life is good.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Honestly, it was worth it just for the potatoes, let alone the tobacco. Now I can light up a cig while sitting on an old potato storage barrel, thinking about the many uses of potato.

Life is good.

I use potato to feed my pet honey badger.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Banjocal at #33671571
I know this is a yope thread but

are we really obsessed so much as we dwell on the most immediate ones, particularly those which we can collectively say "shit, that was bad" of? Plenty of genocides are ignored or forgotten, particularly those around the establishment of certain nations. I would argue that people, generally, don't care about them. If fact, in the historical abstraction that we are currently taught in, I would argue that people in general care little for those who died in Iraq let alone those who die in their direct vicinity.

People are so far removed that the current social convention is to briefly comment on how "awful" it is, and then do absolutely NOTHING about it. If you were to walk through the city with a torch and ask for a true man of principle and dignity they would respond just as they did 2500 years ago.

But you wouldn't ask about true women of principle and dignity?

It's cuz these hoes ain't loyal I know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm not gounna lie I can't think of anything funny to say in response
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
hulu has a commercial-free subscription now it's awesome
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by yope

If I was a multibillionaire and super ultra smart. I would buy machine guns and cannons and hand grenades , sniper rifles M-16s etc. and lots and lots of ammunition. I would go back in time in my time machine. I would teach the Indians guerrilla warfare and how to use the weapons. I would also tell them about smallpox and how to avoid it.

but I wouldn't be alive

D:

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
*SurvivalSpecies smh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
SeveralSpecies, wow this is embarrassing.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by yope at #33671563
I would teach the Indians guerrilla warfare and how to use the weapons.

The Indians pioneered guerilla warfare.
My God, it's full of stars!