Hey guys, Im getting a line 6 pod x3 live tomorrow and I want to use it for effects only, I love my dual rec so I dont wanna use any of the amp models from the pod. Is it possible to do that? if so how do I hook it up? Ive never used a multi effects pedal before so any help would be great, thanks!
The best way is using the 4 cable method (google it). But I really wouldn't. Owning an X3 live myself, the effects aren't really all that great. I'd save up and get a better unit
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by PancakesGO!!!!
Hey guys, Im getting a line 6 pod x3 live tomorrow and I want to use it for effects only, I love my dual rec so I dont wanna use any of the amp models from the pod. Is it possible to do that? if so how do I hook it up? Ive never used a multi effects pedal before so any help would be great, thanks!

yes you can disable the amp/cab modeling and just use FX.

I was going to use my POD XT for FX only, but it started switching amp models by itself

So now I'm on the hunt for another good priced XT or X3 since I already have a FBV Shortboard to control it with.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by PancakesGO!!!!

You hook it up normally (or, if you have an FX loop, you can use the four-cable method) between the guitar and the amp input. Your owner manual (everything for that model is available online for download at the Line 6 site) will tell you how to select *just* FX.