does anybody know of a good guitar multi-tool?

it would be great if it was standard and metric, or i would just get one of each.

i haven't ever really heard much on them around here.

this one looks nice: http://www.amazon.com/Ibanez-MTZ11-Multi-Purpose-Guitars-Drums/dp/B00F4SDYNS
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 8, 2015,
I have one, but its basically cutters, screwdriver and small wrench. OK for string changes etc but my preferred weapon of choice is Leatherman. Superb, real pliers, long and normal, drivers, blades, files, wire strippers and cutters all in one lovely leather pouch. They are issued to uk military as standard and will definitely do the job. Good quality stainless steel....avoid immitations.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by crackerjack123
I have one, but its basically cutters, screwdriver and small wrench. OK for string changes etc but my preferred weapon of choice is Leatherman. Superb, real pliers, long and normal, drivers, blades, files, wire strippers and cutters all in one lovely leather pouch. They are issued to uk military as standard and will definitely do the job. Good quality stainless steel....avoid immitations.

i have two leathermans, they are very nice.

i am thinking more along the lines of something you throw in a gig bag and keep it there if you need it at a gig or somewhere, or just something to pull out that is handy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
That exact tool came with my Prestige. Go for it.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Yeah I have the exact same one that came with one of my Prestiges. I think I have used all of the tools at least once, but for whatever reason it has become extremely stiff and difficult to pull the various bits out. Not sure if they all do this but just something I have found.
I was handed a Roadie Rench long ago (dunno if they're still made):

I honestly can't recommend it, and while I usually have a couple of Leathermans tucked away as well, those are definitely not a first choice. More of an emergency thing.

I carry a small kit in a fabric roll-up holder, and this is on the checklist. The Leathermans come out if I've been stupid enough to have left the kit behind.
Quote by dspellman
I was handed a Roadie Rench long ago (dunno if they're still made):

I honestly can't recommend it, and while I usually have a couple of Leathermans tucked away as well, those are definitely not a first choice. More of an emergency thing.

I carry a small kit in a fabric roll-up holder,
and this is on the checklist. The Leathermans come out if I've been stupid enough to have left the kit behind.

off of curiosity, what do you carry?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
One of the main reasons why I avoided locking trems for most of my career.

Leatherman or similar would do rather well. I also had the two FR wrenches and swiss knife with flashlight and pen (for girl's numbers) on my key chain.
I personally don't care for multitools because by having several tools integrated into one, the tool becomes less efficient at any one task as the tools design has to be compromised to accommodate the other tools. Basically, they're just not as nice to use.

If a tool doesn't have any additional tools on it, the tool can be designed around that one specific application without having to compromise the efficiency of that single task.

Though for convenience, I completely understand their appeal and I keep a multi-knife with me just in case. Having something is a lot better than nothing.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 9, 2015,
Quote by crackerjack123

I WANT one of those.
Seems like I can never find those damn Allen wrenches I need for my Ibanez.
It uses 2 different sizes.
I do have one sitting on a dresser right now. I can see it right now.
Problem is, I always tend to lose them.
The two have a bunch of bare jumper wire wrapped around them and the wire is soldered.
But I know that eventually that will fail.

Oh, I just got an idea...
I will clean those two up, stick a piece of shrink sleeving around the two, and fill it with Gorilla glue. Hmm.

I've also got sealing shrink sleeving.
Its got some glue inside it that melts and seals whatever you put it on.

Ideally, I'd like one that I can attach to the back of my headstock.

I looked on the US amazon site but they don't list that tool.

Maybe I'll check Stew Mac.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 9, 2015,
Quote by GABarrie

i have one of those on my 3550mz. they are convenient.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by diabolical
I also had the two FR wrenches and swiss knife with flashlight and pen (for girl's numbers) on my key chain.

It's more fun if you tell them, "Sorry, I don't have a pen," though pens are pretty archaic.

I've come home with shirts, gear and various body parts carrying phone numbers done in eyebrow pencil, lipstick, etc.

These days, of course, they just say, "Give me your phone."